More Than Words

( 891 words) 

Your POV 

We were flying over to Blips and Chitz because Rick wanted to play Roy. Landing we walked inside as Rick made a b line for Roy. Looking around I grabbed his wrist as I looked at him. 

"I'll make you a deal, we do one song on karaoke and then you can play Roy the rest of the time." 

He looked at me before he looked back to Roy and groaned. "One song, no more" 

I smiled as I looked at him. We made our way over to the booth to see what they had for songs before we got on stage. I pointed to one that I wanted to do. 

"That one!" 

He looked at me and hummed. "An oldie huh?" 

I nodded as he rolled his eyes and paid for us to have our turn. Once our turn got around we went on stage and got ready to start the song. Looking at him he shook his head, I smiled and laughed a little before I nudged him. 

(You- Italics  Rick- Bold)

Saying I love you
Is not the words I want to hear from you
It's not that I want you
Not to say, but if you only knew
How easy it would be to show me how you feel 

More than words is all you have to do to make it real
Then you wouldn't have to say that you love me
'Cause I'd already know
What would you do if my heart was torn in two
More than words to show you feel
That your love for me is real
What would you say if I took those words away
Then you couldn't make things new
Just by saying I love you

Now I've tried to talk to you and make you understand
All you have to do is close your eyes
And just reach out your hands and touch me
Hold me close don't ever let me go
More than words is all I ever needed you to show 

Then you wouldn't have to say that you love me
'Cause I'd already know

What would you do if my heart was torn in two
More than words to show you feel
That your love for me is real
What would you say if I took those words away
Then you couldn't make things new
Just by saying I love you

We stopped as the crowed that had gathered cheered. Blushing I put the microphone down and grabbed Rick's hand before I pulled him off stage. He looked at me for a second as he looked at my eyes. Glancing over to Roy he grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the building. 

"Get in the car" 

"I thought you wanted to-"

"Get in the car" 

Getting in the car I put my seat belt on. Rick got in and started it quickly. Racing off into space we came to another planet that wasn't too far away. Looking over to him he stopped the car after we landed and he turned the car off. 

"Why are we here?"

"Just watch" 

Nodding I turned to look at the sunset. It was different than our sun. It was a bit bigger and it had more colors. Most sunsets have only reds, oranges, pinks and purple. Instead this one had all of those and then some green and blue. Leaning over to see a bit better my head ended up on Rick's shoulder. When he didn't pull away I didn't either. Moving my hand to sit up a bit more, my hand landed on his. Turning our heads we both looked at it before we looked at each other. 

We watched each other for a bit before we leaned in without noticing. Our lips touched as he cupped my face and pulled me a bit closer. When we let go I looked down and blushed as our hands were intertwined. He got me to look at him again before he gave me another kiss. 

"I thought you wanted to play Roy." 

He shook his head. "I would rather spend time with you than play a dumb game." 

I blushed more as I leaned over and kissed his cheek and put my head on his shoulder again. Squeezing my hand he put his hand on mine gently. I felt him move as he looked down at our hands. 

"I've been thinking, would you like to help me with my gadgets and go on some more adventures?" 

I nodded as I smiled at him. "I would love to." 

He smiled gently before he kissed me again. Looking at me he noticed that the sun was gone and he sighed a little. "I better get you home" 

I grabbed his hands again as they were on the wheel and were getting ready to turn the key. "I want to stay a little longer. I like being with you" 

He looked away for a second as he blushed and nodded before he pulled me closer to him and we looked at the stars. His arm was around me as I held his hand. Tonight couldn't have gone any better.