I'm Sorry, My Friend

This is a spin off of the giant head episode with the song contest planet bullshit thing XD The song is a poem i wrote. Enjoy~! Or not.. that's cool too. 

(812 words)

Your POV 

Morty had jumped through the damn portal and left Rick and Ice T and I stranded here. Iced T didn't seem to care about it either. But then he turned to Ice. I looked at Rick and he shrugged. Ice T gave us a little background of his life and flew through the damn ceiling leaving us too. 

"(Y/n)! We need a song!" He said, 

"Do you think I don't know that Rick?" I asked. 

He stopped and looked at before blinking. 

"What the hell you always act like Morty and I are complete neanderthals well I'm sorry princess just because you're the and I quote "genius" Doesn't mean the world revolves around you. So I'm sorry princess when I don't bow down you, gravel at your feet and take it up the ass!" I said. His face said he didn't care but his eyes had shown hurt feelings. 

I sighed and sat down in the corner with pen and paper while Rick played with the guitar. I looked at him every so often to see him poker faced as usual. I know what I said was getting to him and I felt really bad.But if we live I can fix it. But until then. We're fucked. 

I had gotten the song almost done when the giant heads said it was time for our performance. I took the microphone and looked at Rick sadly. "Follow my lead. But keep the pace of the song slow and sad." I said. 

"How will slow and sad save our asses?" he asked.

 "Well I don't care if we die or not. Just as long as I was with you when I do! So will you stop doubting me for five minutes and let me sing?" I asked. 

He looked at me for a second before looking down at the guitar and starting to play. I began to sing. 

I'm sorry, my friend

For all the things i've said

Because you were my friend to the end

I'm sorry, my friend

For what I said

Yesterday, I said

"I hated you and wished you were dead"

I'm sorry my friend.

For what I said today

Even though what I really want to say

I may not be able to say

All because

Of this day

So we may pay

The ultimate price

Of sacrifice

All because of this contest

But I must confess

That I love you

I'm sorry my friend

I didn't tell you

Sooner

But before you say "Screw her"

Let me tell you

I'm sorry my friend

For not being able to be there for you

When you needed me too

You were always there for me

Even though I didn't want you to be

I wish the others could see

How you are with me

Maybe then they could say

"I'm sorry, my friend"

But on our last day

I wanted to say

That you are more than my friend

You are my best friend.

One I never knew I could have

So when you say that love

Isn't real

Tell me how this song made you feel

Oh, tell me how this song made you feel

So before our demise

I hope you realize

I am sorry

For the worry

You had to deal

Because of how we feel

So forget "I'm sorry, my friend"

How about

"Goodbye, my friend"

And forget the doubt 

I finished the song and looked at Rick. He looked surprised and put the guitar down. I watched his eyes tear up. 

"I never knew you could sing. Let alone felt that way" he said. 

But before I could answer we heard sobbing. We looked up to see Morty and the President crying along ith the giant heads. "We are very moved by your talent and since we liked it so much we are nominating planet Earth the ultimate winner of the singing planet contest." they said poofed us back to our solar system. I looked at Rick. 

Morty and the President were hugging each other and crying. 

"So I guess now you know." I said and looked down. 

I felt two arms wrap around me and pull me into a hug. "I'm sorry that I treat you and Morty like shit. I promise I'll change. And I can't believe I'm telling you this but. I love you (y/n). " he said as he held me tightly. I hugged him back tightly and mumbled into his shoulder. 

 "I love you too, Rick." 

  Rikki-Tikki-Tavi, biatch! I hope you liked this chapter! Feel free to comment what episode you want me to make a spin off thing on next! I'll gladly do it! Arthur-chan gone!