Blow It Out Your Ass (2)

(812 words)
Your POV 

It's been a week since that fight with Rick. A week since he told me he didn't want to see me again. A week since I stormed out of the garage. 

Now I lay on my couch as I wonder what the stubborn old man is doing. What adventures he's gone on, how many times he's almost gotten him and Morty killed. Shaking my head I get off the couch and make my way to the kitchen. Starting on dinner I sighed gently before I heard the doorbell ring. Looking at the small monitor that I had for the front and back door camera, I could see a swaying Rick. He was drunk as ever as he tried to open the door that was currently locked. 

I wiped my hands off as I made my way towards the door. I could hear his hiccuping as he stood on the other side. 

"(y/n) let me i-in" 

"Why should I do that? You told me you didn't want to see me again" I said as I leaned on the back of the couch. 

"Please, I'm s-sorry. I w-want to talk"

I stood there quietly as I thought about it, should I let him in? Leaning my head back I pinched my lips together and crossed my arms. He hiccuped again before I went and opened the door. Having him fall to his face in my doorway. Leaning on the wall I rose a brow as I looked at him. 

"What do you want?" 

He picked himself off the floor slowly as he shook his head 

"I want you back at the garage" 

"So what? You think you can tell me to get lost then after a week you think you can demand that I go back to your garage? I don't think so" I said as I closed the door and stepping over him. 

"You should just leave through your portal gun." 

He put his hands on my sides as he pulled me to him. I pushed his hands off of me and walked int othe kitchen. "Don't touch me." 

"Sweetie, I'm sorry. I-" he stopped as he looked at me. 

"You? What?" 

He didn't look at me as he shuffled his feet. His hand digging into his lab coat for his flask. "You know that a drunk man's words are a sober man's thoughts. Which is why I wanted to see you" 

I tilted my head as I looked at him for a moment. That was before I shook my head and walked by him. "I don't want to hear what you have to say. You've already said enough." 

"Even though you aren't my grandchild. I think you're my favorite. What I'm trying to say is that I love you." 

I stopped as I heard it. I shook my head. "No you don't, we both know that you can't physically love anything. Not even your science. With your intelect, you can't. You don't care about other people, you don't care about anything but yourself" 

I glanced at him for a moment before I started my way upstairs. That was before his hand wrapped around my wrist. He pulled me down the stairs where we landed on the floor. "Rick I told you, go home" 

He rolled over and was on top of me. Leaning over me he looked at me for a moment. "Please, I miss seeing you in the garage"

"You already made your choice when you told me you didn't want to see me again"

I rolled us over and I was on him, he blinked a little before he sat up and wrapped his arms around my waist. He hugged me as I sighed.

"Rick" I said gently as he tilted his head to silently tell me he was listening. "You can't show up drunk at someone's house and demand I go back to the garage when you want me to." I said as I got him to let go of me slowly.

I stood as I helped him up. "You can stay on the couch. I don't want you walking home hammered."

I turned around to go back up the stairs. "Goodnight Sanchez"

Crawling into bed I sighed heavily. Laying on my back I stared at my ceiling. I glanced at my clock for what felt like every five minutes.

Throwing my blankets off j stood and went down the stairs. I knew Rick was still awake. Walking over to the couch I grabbed his blanket and then laid on his chest.

He pulled the blanket back up as he rubbed my back gently "Can't sleep?"

"That obvious?"

"Considering you're laying on me, I'd say so"

He pulled me a little closer as he breathed gently. Relaxing slowly he fell asleep.  I fell asleep slowly. "I'm sorry, I love you too"