Between The Bars

This song is from the Tiny Rick episode, its what Summer plays to get him to snap out of it~ 

(1169 Words)

Your POV 

Morty, Summer and I got home from being on Unity's planet. I sighed deeply as I sat on the couch with Morty and we started to look for something to watch on the interdimensional TV. Flicking through it I heard the clock ding as it was getting a little later. Looking over I sighed and handed the remote to Morty before I stood and sighed. 

"Text me when he gets home" 

"Will do" 

Walking out the door I zipped my jacket as I made my way home. I was mostly worried about Rick and how he was doing. When we left he was wasted and higher than a kite. I don't know what happened between them before but I know that it wasn't very good. I just hope that this time doesn't break him. 

Getting home I went up to my room as I grabbed my school bag. I sighed gently as I threw it over my shoulder before I went to get some homework done. Rick doesn't believe in school and I've learned more with him this past year than I have in the last four of high school. Sighing deeply I got my living chem homework out. Getting to where I left off I sighed as I looked at it. 

'What's the difference between an Ionic bond and a Covalent bond?' 

Scribbling down the answer I shook my head. "Why don't people understand that covalent bonds are made between a metal and a nonmetal like Sodium Chloride? Ionic bonds are between two non-metals like Carbon Dioxide" 

Reading the next couple questions I sighed as I looked at it. Filling them in was quick and easy as I was done with that worksheet. Getting up I decided that was enough and went to bed. 

~Next Morning~ 

I woke up to a text as I looked at my phone. There wasn't school today and apparently, Rick was back from being with Unity. Throwing my blankets off I got out of bed and got ready quickly before I ran over to the Smith's house. Walking inside I walked by them as they were eating. 

"Where is he?" 

"He's been in the garage-" 

I cut off Beth as I walked away. Going to try the door I stopped as it was locked. I grabbed the bobby pin from my hair and picked the lock. Poking my head in I saw that Rick was asleep from being awake for so long with Unity. Sighing I stepped in and frowned as I saw a bunch of ash on the floor and some on the table. Looking up at the lamp looking thing, I sighed gently. 

He had tried to kill himself. Reaching out to touch him I heard him mumble something. I'm pretty sure it sounded like Unity. I grabbed his lab coat gently and pulled it towards me as I grabbed his portal gun. Looking for some tape I wrote a note on it and put it on the green part of the gun and put it back in his pocket. 

Walking out of the garage I sighed gently. Getting to the door I left the house and made my way down the road. The wind started to blow a little as there was a storm brewing. Running a hand through my hair I shook my head as I started to sing. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Drink up, baby, stay up all nightWith the things you could do, you won't but you mightThe potential you'll be that you'll never seeThe promises you'll only makeDrink up with me now and forget all aboutThe pressure of days, do what I sayAnd I'll make you okay and drive them awayThe images stuck in your headPeople you've been before that youDon't want around anymoreThat push and shove and won't bend to your willI'll keep them stillDrink up, baby, look at the starsI'll kiss you again, between the barsWhere I'm seeing you there, with your hands in the airWaiting to finally be caught
Drink up one more time and I'll make you mineKeep you apart, deep in my heartSeparate from the rest, where I like you the bestAnd keep the things you forgotPeople you've been before that youDon't want around anymoreThat push and shove and won't bend to your willI'll keep them still

Grabbing my keys and unlocking the door I stepped inside as my phone started to ring. Picking it up I answered it with a quick hello. 

"(y/n), she- she left me" 

"Rick, honey tell me what happened." 

"After you guys left everything was great until I woke up one morning and it was gone, nothing but a bunch notes scattered around for me to read. It told me that even though it was attracted to me that it couldn't be mine." 

There was a pause as I sat down. "It said that it couldn't because I can't change. That it had no problem with me but a problem with itself. When it's with me it loses who it is and becomes apart of me. It said that I was better at what it does without even trying. I don't get it, wh-what did I do wrong?" 

I bit my lip as I tried to calm him down. "It isn't your fault. Unity doesn't realize how good you are until you're gone. Which is why it fell for you all over again these last couple of days." 

"Get to the garage" 

I stopped when I heard that and heard him put his phone down and then faint crying. Getting up I ran back over to the garage and hung up the phone when I grabbed the bottom of the door and pulled it open. Finding Rick a mess on the floor in a ball behind one of his tables I knelt down and pried his arms open before I pulled him to me. 

Hugging him tightly I let his drunken self cry it out before he sat there and looked at the floor. I've never seen him like this, usually, he just gets pissed, never upset enough to try and kill himself. I put my hand over his and squeezed it. He looked up at me and I smiled gently as I kissed his cheek and wiped his face. 

"I think we should go fuck up another dimension." 

He looked up at me before he chuckled gently and nodded. "I could shoot some assholes right now," he said grabbing his portal gun and everything else he needed. "Maybe we could pay beta seven a visit" he said an I laughed gently. 

"If you're good we can go to Blipz and Chitz and play Roy." I said. He smiled as he burped and grabbed my hand before he pulled me into the portal. We went around and created havoc on the rest of the multiverse before we landed at Blipz and Chitz for Rick to play Roy.