Teach Me To Dance?

Play the song when you see these ))

( 1731 words)

Your POV 

Gulping I looked back at Summer who smiled and gave me a thumbs up. Hoping he was in his garage I had something to ask of him. Opening the door as I knocked on it. My eyes scanned the room as I looked for the older man. Finding him I cleared my throat. He turned and rose a part of his unibrow. 

"What?" 

"I have an odd favor to ask you" 

I clasped my hands together as I stepped into the room more and the door closed behind me. Turning around to face what he was working on he hummed. 

"All of the favors you ask me are odd." 

"I know." 

"Well? Spit it out already" 

"Well, prom is coming up in a couple days, and I was wondering if you'd" I bit my lip as I looked at him. "Teach me to dance?" 

He stopped what he was doing as he turned to look at me. Furrowing his brows he sighed as he put the screwdriver down. "It's simple. Why do you need teaching?"

"I've never danced before. I can't dance to save my life. If I had to do the hokey pokey I would be killed." 

He shook his head as he sighed before he nodded. "When is the dance?" 

"Saturday"

"That's two days" Rubbing his temples he sighed before he stood. "Fine, come here" I watched him as he  held his hands up before he waved them for me to come closer to him. Stepping closer to him he grabbed my right hand and held it in his before his right hand put my left one on his shoulder. After that it landed on my hip. 

"I'll teach you a simple 4 count slow dance. On the day of the dance, you'll try it in whatever dress you're wearing." 

I nodded as he looked at me. "The male always leads since they're taller. The first step counts off to the left." 

He stepped over as I followed him. "Every time your feet move that counts as one step. When we move to the left the foot closest to the direction is step one. Step two happens when the farthest foot meets with the first. Then the first again, then the second again. When you move back towards the right it's the same process but the other foot would lead, which is my right." 

Nodding I looked down at our feet as I watched them go back and fourth. "Don't look at your feet. You'll want to make eye contact or keep your head up straight. If your head is down your posture would be terrible." 

I looked back up to him as he smirked a little. We continued the 4 count move to the side and then the 4 count move back to where we were a couple of times before he started the next thing. 

"Often enough you'll be twirled. When that happens it's rather simple. His right hand will leave your waist, at which time your left hand comes off his shoulder. Keeping your right hand in his left he'll spin you." 

"When you turn you go spin towards him, and under his arm. Not the other way. Let's try it" 

I nodded as he looked at me, we started moving. "Step out, feet together, step out, feet together. Other way, step out, feet together, step out, feet together. Hand drop" feeling his hand leave my waist I watched him as we went back the other way. His left hand rose and I went under it as we ended up on the 4th count and made our way back. He smiled as he looked at me. 

"You're a quick learner." I smiled as I looked up at him. "Let's do that again." We went back to where we were standing before. "When he drops his hand off your waist, your hand leaves his shoulder. Any questions?"