Grumpy

(841 words) 

Laying on the couch, flipping through channels I flicked my eyes to the garage door that opened. I heard a groan as I looked back again. It was Rick. He seemed to be in one of his moods

"What's with you?"

"Life" 

Nodding I watched as he came over and crawled between my legs before he laid his head on my chest. His arms wrapped around me a little as he gave a sigh. Playing with his hair he relaxed as he was on me. We've been dating for a little while and we did have the house to ourselves as everyone was working or at school. 

He turned his head as he looked at the TV. I turned to see it as another eyehole commercial came on. Smiling a bit I flicked the channels until the alien version of The Bachelor came on. Raising a brow I  watched it. There were a bunch of different aliens on the show. The bachelor was a gearhead. When the camera panned around it showed a couple other female gearheads. Shaking my head i changed the channel to something else, a Ball Fondlers episode was. 

Running my hand through Rick's hair I picked up my leg that was stuck between him and the couch before I put it over his leg and moved him a little closer. He made a small noise and I looked down at him. He was half asleep when I moved and was drifting back into sleep.  Smiling gently I kissed his forehead and his head moved a bit more as he used my chest for a pillow. I let my arm rest around his shoulders as he snored gently. 

He never did this when other people were around. Usually he only let me see his softer side and it would go away as quick as it came. Since he was sleeping I was hoping that it would stay for a little longer than usual. Listening to his gentle breathing I stayed on the couch. Feeling my eyes start to get tired as I watched the TV I fell asleep shortly after he did. 

~Dream~ 

Walking into the garage I heard Rick growl at what he was working on. 

"What are you working on?"

"Get out!" 

"Why?" 

"I said get out! Leave! Scat, I don't want you here. I never wanted you here" 

I stopped as I looked at him. He glared at me before he turned around. I left quickly as I felt my eyes fill with tears. Looking around the street I made my way from the house. Why would he say that to me? What did I do? What went wrong? Running my hand through my hair I walked towards my house. 

Getting inside I sat on the couch where I finally broke down. Replaying what he said I covered my mouth as I felt my chest heave with sobs. Laying on the couch I buried my face in the pillow and cried into it heavily. 

~End~ 

I was shaken awake. Looking around I saw the one who woke me up. 

"(y/n), honey. What happened?" 

I had woken up Rick. Wrapping my arms around him as I sat up he pulled me to his lap as he tried to calm me down. Rubbing my back I cried into his shoulder. Holding me close he hummed as I calmed down slowly. 

"Now will you tell me?" 

He wiped some tears from my face as I looked at him. Taking a breath I started to tell him what happened. 

"I came over and you told me that you didn't want me around anymore." Feeling more tears fall I wiped them away. Pulling me closer to him he sighed as he held me tightly. Sniffling I looked at him again before he kissed my forehead gently. 

"The day I tell you that is the day I die" 

Smiling gently he wiped the tears away with his sleeve before he kissed me gently. Pulling my hips closer he pulled away and looked at me. He smiled gently as he looked at me. 

"I don't want to see a single tear from those pretty eyes of yours" 

Blushing I nodded as I looked away. 

"On the other hand you can have that look all day long." he said as he squeezed my hips again. 

"Stop it" I said as I pushed him away a little. He smirked and hugged me again as he buried his face between my breasts. I heard him hum as he stayed there. Blushing deeply I felt him kiss them a little. 

"At least you aren't grumpy anymore" 

He pulled away and looked at me as he smirked. "I won't be grumpy as long as I can have your" he drew in a breath as his eyes flickered down and then back to me "Beautiful body in my bed in the next five minutes" Smiling a little he looked at me before I kissed him. Standing he picked me up and carried me up to his room.