You're Wrong!

(670 words)

Your POV

"You're wrong!"

That was what he said to me as his glare shot daggers into my very soul. We kept the hard stare before he sighed and stomped away. Of course, I followed.

"It doesn't matter how many times you deny it, Rick. I still believe you love your family."

He spun around and looked at me, the smell of alcohol on his breath strong as usual.

"What makes you right? You don't know me as well as you think you do. No one does."

I blinked a couple times.

"What about Beth? Or your ex-wife? Unity? Do you isolate yourself so much that the only thing that knows you like a human being should is a bottle of whiskey?"

He walked to his workbench and threw a couple of things onto it before he started working on it angrily.

"There's more to you than just a drunkard man, Rick"

He sighed and turned slowly.

"No one understands me on an intellectual level unless I dumb it down. I am Rick from dimension C-137. I am the smartest Rick in the multiverse. Yes, I have Morty. So do the rest. But I'm still alone. You asked if Unity understood me? It doesn't want me for anything. As for Beth. She's been with Jerry so long and Jerry and I don't get along. I've been gone for most of her life. And Morty, well he's my grandson. Jerry thinks I'm a bad influence on him. he thinks school should be his main priority."

He looked down slightly as he calmed down. He didn't reach for his flask.

"What about me?"

He looked at me for a moment.

"You're just like everyone else."

That stung. I sighed and walked over to him as he turned his chair around. He looked at his invention again solemnly. I wrapped my arms around his neck as I rubbed his arms a little.

"You're wrong."

He tilted his head to me a little.

"You're the only person that has made time for, or done anything with me, only one who has spoken to me, only one who doesn't think I'm an idiot." I put my chin on his head. "Only one who's looked at me like you do."

I felt him gulp. He turned to me and pulled me to his lap and wrapped his thin arms around me.

"If there's anyone in this damn house I remotely like. I'm glad it's you, sweetie."

I smiled and hugged him back. I looked at his invention.

"What are you making?"

He turned and looked at it.

"A new type of Mr. Meeseeks."

"What are you going to call it?"

He smiled and looked at me.

"You decide, it's female."

I thought for a moment and smiled wide.

"Ms. Youseeks."

He smiled and began working. The box was done soon enough and I pushed it. A yellow creature much like the blue meeseeks appeared. But this time it was a pale yellow, had more of a feminine bodice, it has red hair much like the Bob from the 50s, it wore a little bit of makeup.

"Hello! I'm Ms. Youseeks. Look at you!"

I smiled at the creature.

"What can you do?"

She smiled wide.

"I can help with chores, kids, groceries, anything household involved, really. Bye bye!"

She puffed away into a small cloud of glitter. The glitter soon disappeared with the youseeks. I smiled and looked at Rick.

"That's awesome"

"You're right, you can design the box."

I looked at the box. I painted it to look similar to the meeseeks box but it's a pale yellow with a purple button, I decided to put on a small lipstick kiss mark as well.

Rick smiled at me as I held it up to him. It went onto the shelf with the meeseeks box. We nodded at each other as Summer came into the garage.

"Guys, dinners ready."

We followed into the house to eat as we felt closer than ever.