He Was My Unity

This chapter (If you can't tell is about the Unity episode.) Enjoy~!

(829 words)

Your POV

I went to the only place I could be safe at. Rick's garage. I knew he and Morty were out in some other different dimension but that just meant I could cry if I wanted to. But do I want to? Fuck no! I just needed time to think.

I walked into the garage completely ignoring Summer, Jerry, and Beth. I locked the garage door that connects it to the house. I sat in Rick's chair for about three minutes before I felt the tears start and I put my head down to try and get them to stop. They kept going and eventually the table top was wet with my tears. I sighed and tried to breathe but only for a compressed feeling lay over my chest making it hard to breathe.

I couldn't handle it. I wanted to die. This was too much. Way too much.

I heard the garage door start to open and I sat up wiping the table dry with my sleeve before sitting under the table while the space car pulled in loudly. I balled myself up and I watched from under the table as Rick and Morty got out.

"T-that was fun Rick." Morty said with a smile.

Rick hummed and burped in reply. I watched as Rick pulled his chair out before hearing me sobbing that I tried so hard to suppress. Rick saw me and I watched his eyes widen ever so slightly before I buried my head into my arms and sat in a ball under the table.

"Morty. Go inside." he said.

"W-why Rick? I thought you wanted to work on something." he said.

Rick growled lightly. "Get the fuck in the house, Morty."

Morty ran inside after fumbling with the door that I had locked as Rick knelt down. Now that his Grandson was gone and it was just the two of us I saw the worry on his face.

"(y/n)? What's wrong?" he asked.

I shook my head and tightened the ball that I had become. He kicked his chair away and sat in front of me. I knew him seeing me in this state was slowly killing him. And for as much as I didn't want to it was happening anyway. It couldn't be stopped.

"(y/n) I hate seeing you like this. Please, tell me what's wrong." he said as he spoke softly.

He frowned farther as he put two and two together. I sat up a bit as the sobbing stopped and put my legs down so he could see the amount of tears that were stained on my light blue hoodie.

"What did that little bastard do?" he asked still worried but with a tad of anger and hatred.

I shook my head not wanting him to get worked up.

"He did something. You never cry." he said as he grabbed my hands.

I released a small sigh. "I caught him cheating on me with some skank." I said quietly as more tears streamed down my face.

I heard Rick draw in a breath. I was sure he was beyond pissed now.

"What's the point of crying over someone that doesn't even know how good he had it?" He asked.

I thought for a moment. He was right I shouldn't be crying over someone who probably didn't care for anything less than sex. But the answer was all too easy.

"That' quite simple, Rick. He was my Unity." I said. Rick's breathing stopped for a second as he looked at me.

"But he was with the skank because I wouldn't give him what he wanted." I said. "So I guess I never meant that much to him." I said.

Rick was looking at me. "How did you know about Unity?" he asked.

"Morty had told me a bit about it when you guys got back and how you acted when they wanted to leave. And by the state you were in when you got home. Told me the same. You loved it." I said as I looked down.

I heard him sigh before he picked me up and put me in his lap and hugged me. "I learned to live without Unity. You can do the same for that asshole. Besides who needs them when I have you. And you have me?" He asked. I smiled and put my head on his shoulder.

He smiled lightly. "Now where's my happy girl?" He asked. I smiled lightly and wiped my eyes. He hugged me tightly. "There she is. Now can she stay?" he asked.

"As long as you don't die on me." I said with a small smile.

He nodded and gave a chuckle. "I can handle that."

Sad and cute. The next chapter will most likely be based on when Rick turns himself in to the Galactic Federation (Space prison). Anyway see later~!