I'm Just A Teenage Dirtbag Baby

(1002 words)

Your POV 

It was late on a Friday night when Summer texted me. 

Come over, we're having a partyyyy! 

Shaking my head as I smile I stand and get ready. Arriving at Summer's she pulls me into the kitchen and handed me a drink. Taking a sip I coughed as it burned. "What the hell is this?" 

"Tiny Rick's expertise." 

"How can he drink this? Jesus" Putting the cup down I coughed again and got some water. Summer laughed at me a little as we heard someone announce something. 

"Tiny Rick's got a guitar!" 

Looking at each other and shrugging we made our way out to the living room where everyone was gathered. Seeing Rick on a stool with an acustic guitar he looked around. "This song is straight from the heart, from the top of my head." He started to play as everyone looked at him. 

Her name is Noel
I have a dream about her
She rings my bell
I got gym class in half an hour
Oh how she rocks
In Keds and tube socks
But she doesn't know who I am
And she doesn't give a damn about me

'Cause I'm just a teenage dirt bag, baby
Yeah I'm just a teenage dirt bag, baby
Listen to Iron Maiden, baby, with me, ooh

Her boyfriend's a dick
He brings a gun to school
And he'd simply kick my ass if he knew the truth
He lives on my block
And he drives an I-Roc
But he doesn't know who I am
And he doesn't give a damn about me

I watched as Rick's eyes looked over to me. They met mine and held it as he continued playing and singing. He looked back down at the guitar as he played. Summer nudged me before she wiggled her eyebrows. I shook my head as I blushed gently. 

'Cause I'm just a teenage dirtbag baby
Yeah, I'm just a teenage dirtbag baby
Listen to Iron Maiden, baby, with me, ooh

Oh yeah, dirt bag
No she doesn't know what she's missin'
Oh yeah, dirt bag
No she doesn't know what she's missin'

Man I feel like mold
It's prom night and I am lonely, lo and behold
She's walkin' over to me this must be fake
My lip starts to shake

How does she know who I am?
And why does she give a damn about me?

"I've got two tickets to Iron Maiden, baby
Come with me Friday, don't say maybe
I'm just a teenage dirtbag, baby, like you ooh"

Ooh yeah, dirt bag
No she doesn't know what she's missin'
Ooh yeah, dirt bag
No she doesn't know what she's missin'

He stopped as everyone cheered and clapped. I clapped gently before everyone else went back to talking and dancing to the music that was on the radio. Standing against the wall I was talking to Summer, before Tiny Rick came over. Touching my arm gently he looked over to me. I knew how old he was and how tall. 

"Can I borrow her for a second Summer?" 

She looked between the two of us before she nodded and went to talk to Ethan. Rick grabbed my hand as he pulled me into the garage. The one place the guests weren't allowed to be at. He looked up at me as he closed the door and opened the main garage door. Grabbing my hand again he pulled me to the driveway. Sitting down he patted the ground next to me as he sat there. Crouching to sit next to him we looked at the stars. 

"How did you like my song?" 

I smiled as I looked at him. "I liked it. You'll have to record it and give me a copy." 

He smiled gently as we chuckled. He sat up a little as he picked at the grass that was poking through the crack of the driveway. Turning his head he went to say something before he stopped and looked at the road. 

"What were you going to say?" 

He shook his head as he pulled one of his legs towards him to put his elbow on his knee. Putting my hand on his shoulder I looked at him. "Tell me, Rick"

He sighed as he nodded and glanced at me. "I know you have a boyfriend and all, and I'm sure you don't like me, but I like you." 

"You're wrong, you know." 

"About what?" 

"I don't have a boyfriend"

"Really?" he said happily. "I- I mean, really? I thought you had one" 

"I did, but as of this morning I kicked him to the curb." 

"Why would you do that?"

"I got tired of all the cheerleaders hanging all over him all the time, he knew I didn't like it." 

He nodded as he looked at me. "Does Summer know?" 

Shaking my head I looked at the moon. "No, I haven't told her yet." 

It fell silent betwen us before he put his hand on mine and held it gentle. Rick was one of the tough love kinds of people. So seeing him being gentle was different. He looked over to me as I didn't pull away. 

"C-can I kiss you?" 

I blushed gently before I nodded. "About time you asked" 

He smiled gently before he leaned over to me. Kissing me gently I returned it. Reaching his hand up to cup my face he pulled me closer to him. He pulled away as he intertwined our fingers together. "I've liked you for quite a while now, I was an idiot for not saying it sooner" he said as he looked down. Picking his chin up I looked at him. "If you're an idiot than you're my idiot" 

He smiled before he squeezed my hand as he gave me a quick peck. I looked into his eyes and he did the same. Looking at him I got lost in his eyes. We blushed when we noticed that we were staring at each other. Looking away I rubbed my thumb over his hand. 

"Hey, Rick?" 

"Hm?"

"You're not a teenage dirtbag" 

~~~ 

Only about 8 or 9 parts left before this book is complete!