Heaven

In this one you're Rick's daughter and you're about 5. 

( 821 words)

Rick's POV 

Today I was home watching (y/n). She's probably the love of my life. Sitting on the couch I had the news on as I was listening to her play with her little dinosaur figures. I looked over when I heard my name. 

"Daddy, will you play diniesohs with me?" 

I can't say no to that face. "Of course, Sweetie." I got up as she grabbed my hand and pulled me over to the rest of the toys. Sitting next to her she handed me a T-rex figure. Smiling I watched her grab a Brachiosaurus. 

"Hewwo, my name is Pinky! It's nice to meet y-" 

"RAWWRR" my dinosaur bit her dinosaur. She looked at me as she giggled, making her best angry face. 

"Daddy! That's not how you play diniesohs!" 

"What? They wouldn't be friends, I don't make this shit up" 

I watched as she pouted. Sighing and rolling my eyes I grabbed the T-rex.

"Hi, Pinky! My name is spots, can we be friends?" 

She giggled with joy as she grabbed hers again. "Yes! That would be wonderful, come with me on an adventure" 

"Whee!" 

What am I doing?  Glancing over to her I watched as she smiled wide. I may look like an idiot but I would do anything for her, even if it made me look incredibly stupid. Laying on my stomach I had my dino follow hers. Getting to the rug that sat under the coffee table she stopped and I looked over to her. 

"This is the magical lake. It's home to my friend Sparkles." 

"Is Sparkles a nice dinosaur?" 

"Only the nicest!" 

"I have another friend for you to meet, he's kinda grumpy sometimes but he's pretty cool" 

"What's his name?" 

"His name is Blue, he likes science and is really smart! He spends most of his time in the gar-ridge though" 

I looked at her as she played a long. Not paying any attention to me. Standing I scooped her in my arms as I held her tightly. 

"Daddy! Don't squeeze me so hard, I can't breathe!" 

"You can't? I'll help" I said as I blew bubbles against her cheek, she giggled loudly. I held her as she wrapped her arms around me the best she could and leaned her head on my shoulder. Kissing her forehead I sat on the couch. She cuddled up to me as we sat there. 

"Daddy?" 

"Yes, pumpkin?" 

"I wish you wouldn't stay in the gar-ridge so much. It makes me sad when you're in there by yourself." 

Looking down at her I sighed gently before he hugged her. "I won't be in there so much from now on, okay?" 

"Promise?" 

"Always baby" 

She smiled as she kissed my cheek. She cuddled up to me again before she fell asleep slowly. Grabbing the remote I turned to a music channel and turned the TV down so I could listen and she could sleep. 

Got a picture of your house and you're standing by the door
It's black and white and faded and it's looking pretty worn
I see the factory that I worked silhouetted in the back
The memories are gray but, man, they're really coming back
I don't need to be the king of the world
As long as I'm the hero of this little girl

Heaven isn't too far away
Closer to it every day
No matter what your friends might say

How I love the way you move and the sparkle in your eyes
There's a color deep inside them like a blue suburban sky
When I come home late at night and you're in bed asleep
I wrap my arms around you so I can feel you breathe
I don't need to be a superman
As long as you will always be my biggest fan

Heaven isn't too far away
Closer to it every day
No matter what your friends might say
We'll find our way, yeah

Now the lights are going out, along the boulevard
Memories come rushing back and it makes it pretty hard
I've got nowhere left to go, no one really cares
I don't know what to do but I'm never giving up on you

Heaven isn't too far away
Closer to it every day
No matter what your friends say
I know we're gonna find a way

Heaven, oh, oh, oh
Heaven, oh, oh, oh
Heaven, it's not too far away
Oh, oh, oh, yeah

Looking down at her I smiled as she held her dinosaur in her arms. She slept soundly on me as I brushed some hair from her face. Smiling a little I watched her move a bit. Putting my hand on her side she wrapped her hand around a couple of my fingers. 

"I'll never stop protecting you, (y/n)." 

"I know Daddy." 

Surprised that she was still awake I looked down as her (e/c) eyes were looking up at me. 

"I love you, Daddy" 

"I love you too, sweetie" 

~~ 

Adorable.