79. Merry Christmas

Start from the beginning

"Morning babe" I made my way over to her leaning down to get a kiss "morning love" she gave a kiss grinning up at me "you feeling okay?" I asked looking her over to make sure she wasn't pushing herself "Yeah I'm good I woke up feeling great" she shrugged me off not wanting me to press the subject so I left it at that, if something was wrong she would tell me.

"What y'all making?" I looked over to the counter which was filled with food items and spices like Bread, cinnamon, eggs, biscuits, fruits, grits and so much more.

"I'm doing the French toast and some pancakes, ya mom making the banana bread and Cinnabon's and Naya is making us some Jamaican food" My Aunt said excitedly my eyes lightened up the minute I heard Jamaican food and Naya, she had never made any for me so she must be in a good mood to make some now.

"It's nothing much just some ackee and saltfish with fried Dumplings, I had my dad drop off what I needed yesterday" she motioned to the things in front of her.

"Yeah I'm going for that" I was ready to have her food "you never make me Jamaican food" I argued feeling some type that she made it for my family before she made it for me. "You never asked plus I didn't know you really liked Jamaican food" she shrugged

"So if I ask you'll cook it?" I had to make sure she wasn't playing with my emotions "yeah just let me know in advance so I can get what's needed" she was serious and I guess she was right I never did ask I just assumed one day she'd cook whatever but I guess she was being cautious with what I liked.

Within the next 40 minutes  I sat back and sent out messages and replied to the happy holiday ones. During that time my dad and the boys came by Sonny was already happy and hyper from opening a couple of presents before they had gotten here. "You tryna turn em into dreads?" I pulled Kordell's hair getting his attention.

"Nah imma just twist em for right now I don't know if I want to cut it yet or not" he slapped my hand away twirling the strand I had pulled. "Yo mama cool with it?" I knew his mom basically let him do whatever I mean so did my dad but he had his rules.

"Nah she doesn't like it but she gon have to deal with it" he showed he didn't really care what his mom thought "how is she by the way and Armani?" I asked watching Naya from afar typing away on her phone must have been to ask her dad how far he was. The food was almost ready but we were just waiting on her family to arrive.

"They good, Mani tryna be a rapper now and shit" he laughed at the thought of his brother "man Ben too but he ain't too bad" I had to give Ben probs he actually had bars.

"Same with Mani ima send you his SoundCloud link to listen to his song" I nodded agreeing to give it a listen after all it couldn't hurt to support. Armani was Kordells brother and someone who I grew up with while my dad dated their mom if anything he was like a brother to me after all my dad did give him the last name. I didn't see him much though most of the time he was with his mother so the only time I saw him was when my dads part of the family had a get together at my grandma's.

"Aye lemme ask you somethin" he looked around like he was looking out for someone "ya'll mad at pops or sum'n?" his question took me off guard because I didn't quite expect it "why you ask that?" I acted oblivious to the question. He shot me a 'im not dumb' look before shaking his head.

"I know you feel the tension when you around them it's like Naya don't wanna speak to him, Aunt Steph tried to ask me if something was wrong but I really didn't know so I couldn't give her an answer" Aunt Steph was nosey so of course she would have caught it. "Don't be lying either cause I know that's part of the reason we in a hotel and not over here." Kordell wasn't dumb I had to give him that atleast. I stared at the wall ahead thinking of what I should say or if I should even say anything.