I M Chapter 107

Author's Note: Sorry about the late update, again... the writer's block is really getting into to me, where I had trouble thinking up a good dialogue to make the story more interesting. The more I think about it a single day passes up which accumulated into this four months... because nothing comes into mind...

Currently writing on the next chapter and hopefully, it will come out in a few days or this week.

Also, I wish to apologize to everyone for not being able to thank you and reply to all the votes and messages you have sent... because I was really dreading over my writer's block...

___________________________________________________________________

 ~~~Lionel~~~

The surroundings flashed and it took a few seconds before our vision normalized, we got teleported to a woodland along with a few other ghouls whom we easily dispatched soon after. We had to use the remaining healing potions. While Lynnette, threated the rest of our wounds using her healing magic, when she had finished, she gulped down two bottles of energy potion before resting under a tree.

"What fuck happened at Witzlarn Lionel?! It's like you already knew what was going on there!" [Grant]

Grant angrily walked over and grabbed me by the collar.

"Get your hands off Lionel!" [Artemis]

Artemis swiped at Grant for grabbing my collar. I wouldn't blame him because I deserved it.

"Grant, stand down." [Hughes]

"This isn't your problem, Hughes. No more games Lionel, spit it out!" [Grant]

"G-Grant..." [Lynnette]

I stared into Grant's eyes and recounted the events that happened that day.

A few months ago, the Emperor received a report that a town had unearthed a book during a renovation on one of its old buildings. It is said that the book contained magical symbols from ancient times. Malik, who was intrigued by it, asked his Excellency for me retrieve it along with a few soldiers. When we had got to Witzlarn the one who unearthed the book had disappeared with it, the person of interest has no particular affinity nor knowledge of magic. So, we assumed he may have fled and sold it somewhere after discerning that it was rare and very important.

Exhausted at the distance we traveled, I instructed the soldiers to take a rest and since the whereabouts of the book is unknown, I told them that at daybreak we will fly back to the capital. The following day, a few townsfolk came to us looking for help, there had been two people who had recently gone missing. Some of them had accused us that we had done something and I knowing our soldiers, have denied any involvement and immediately conducted an investigation.

As the days passed more and more people have gone missing, from our findings, the disappearances only happened at nighttime. We had initially thought that it was a monster attack, but the absence of bodies and remains led to something else, possibly human involvement. After issuing a curfew it has somehow halted, that is... until it is our soldiers that who had begun to disappear... The total number at that time was seventeen, which gradually ballooned to twenty-two the following day. Before nightfall, I ordered the soldiers to gather the remaining townspeople in the town hall and create a perimeter.

Two days had passed and it was uneventful, but at the third... the ghouls attacked. Being prepared we easily fought them off and managed to track a lone ghoul that retreated into the woods. It went back to a person you could say as it's master, who wore a black hood over its head.

The ghoul spoke in an unintelligible dialogue as if reporting to its master what had happened. The master stroked the chin of the undead and with a nod, led it into the forest. It lifted both of its arms in the air and began to chant words that we were not able to understand. Only then, that I noticed that it was holding the book in its right hand... when it began to show strange movements we ambushed them. I had amputated the head and hand of the master, then I checked for their identity and pulled down its hood, the head was that of a human...