I M Chapter 29

Next day. We've received a notification from the guild.

At the adventurers guild, we waited for the said person, before picking a quest so that the new member has their say if they wanted to party with us or the quest is ok with them.

An hour has passed...

"She's late..." [Angelica]

"We should wait for a couple of more minutes, it might be rude for her if we suddenly left." [Blake]

We referred to her because when we got the notification, some details are written about the said person. Class magician, race human, sex female. Specialty, regular level supportive magic and apprentice level offensive and healing magic.

"Rude for her? What about us? We've been waiting for her, for over an hour!" [Angelica]

"..." [Blake]

"I'm sorry! I'm late!"

A girl barged into the guild, looking left to right seemingly in panic. Her hair is blue around shoulder length, sweat poured down her forehead, her whole cape and uniform were wet from her sweat. Also her rod? cane? staff? Whatever that thing she's holding.

"Oh... no... they left..."

She looks depressed, her shoulder drops down and so does her head. She starts to walk unsteadily from whence she came.

I again looked at the paper. Human check, magician check, female check...

Before I got her attention. Blake was already waving her over. When she saw Blake waving I can see sparkles in her eyes, in a flash she suddenly got to where we were. Too fast!

"Thank you very much for waiting for me!"

She kept bowing over and over as she apologized. Then she stopped bowing when she saw me.

"Is there something on my face?" [Angelica]

"Uhh?! N-nothing at all!"

She started shaking and fidgeting all of a sudden. As I thought something is wrong.

"Blake, I'll go to the bathroom." [Angelica]

"Oh, okay." [Blake]

"Ah? eh?"

In panic, she looked at me and Blake back and forth. I left the table to wash my face.

At the bathroom, there was nothing... maybe its just me. As I exited the door, I saw the girl kneeling and as if begging to Blake.

Blake seems troubled as some adventurers started to glare at him...

I moved towards them when the girl saw me she clasped her hand as if praying.

"P-please! Let me join your party!"

I glanced at Blake, he had a wry smile...

This girl, begging while kneeling in front of me... with her puppy-like eyes, tears slowly started to form...

I sigh... I don't like making people cry, even in my past life. Unless it was a fight.

"Hahh... you can tag along..." [Angelica]

"T-thank you very much!"

She stood up from her kneeling position and suddenly grabbed my hand. Her grip was light to not hurt me, while her butt moved left to right. Is she a dog? Dangerous-dangerous I wanna tap it.

"What's your name?" [Angelica]

"Uhh! M-maria!"

Maria huh... a very fitting name for a healer, is she a saint? Joke.

"Well Maria, let's do our best." [Angelica]

"Y-yes!" [Maria]

"Welcome to our party." [Blake]

"Thank you!" [Maria]