I M Chapter 25

Cagban a city of around three kilometers in diameter, the buildings are made from mud bricks similar those that I see of videos from the middle east, the streets are brimming with activity. Children playing, merchants selling their wares and people walking around.

Blake asked the guard where the adventurers guild is, the guard said that it was beside the marketplace.

At the adventurers guild, we saw people armed to the teeth. Some wore heavy armor, some light, and even a few used robes. We got to the register and filled an application request for adventurers.

They only collect simple information like name, age, specialty, race.

"Umm... what is this race thingy?" [Angelica]

"Aren't you a human?" [Clerk]

"Ahh sorry, I came from a rural village." [Angelica]

"I see..." [Clerk]

Wait... so this world has different races? I wonder when I'll meet one. It makes me excited, I want to see those animal like human girls heheheh.

"Angelica, you're making a weird smile..." [Blake]

"..." [Angelica]

Blake and I finished filling both of our forms at the same time, then we attended a seminar for rookie adventurers.

As new adventurers, we are given starting equipment, although we have to return them after getting our own or replacing them if they were badly damaged. The clothing and weapons seem to be of good quality. An adventurer card for receiving rewards/quests that also provides a 15% discount on inns and items except for clothing and weapons.

In order to make the card, we had to do a blood ritual to sign a contract. I get shivers, it is like making a contract with the devil. It is said that, if we ever die the card will teleport to the guild, where we last took our quest. So that's how they identify if you were dead...

We were also told that the card also holds a record of the amount of rewards that you have, that you can exchange for real money. Wow! So this is somewhat like an ATM card?! Better not lose it then.

Adventurers are ranked in numbers of 1-10, one is the lowest and ten is the highest. So we are AR1? Reminds me of Monhuns ranking system. {1}

Quests should only be taken from the guild, personal requests aren't counted to increase the ranks. There is also what they consider as side quests, even though it has smaller rewards you can take two at once, even with the main quest for a total of three (1-MainQ + 2-SideQ)

When we finished up, we headed straight for the inn as it was already dark. The long journey gave us a beating, we took a room for two, because taking one for each is pricey. Also, we don't have that much money. The room looked like those of a semi-private hospital, good thing that it has its own bathroom.

"Blake." [Angelica]

"Yeah?" [Blake]

"I'm taking a bath first." [Angelica]

"O-ok." [Blake]

I took my sword and enchanted it. It made a hissing sound as I dipped it in a bucket of water, letting off some steam in the process. Having this magic is such a useful thing.

Huahhh... the water feels great. Oh! They have soap here?! A basic necessity. Now my skin feels very smooth, I took some of my clean clothes from my bag and wore them.

"Blake you can take the bath now." [Angelica]

"Yes!" [Blake]

He hurriedly entered the bathroom.

I waited for him to finish to talk about all the things that happened today. For some reason he's taking his sweet time, I guess everyone needs a good bath sometimes.

It has already been an hour and he still hasn't finished? I couldn't wait for him and felt sleepy, the feeling of lying down on the bed is good. It has been a long time since I slept on one... after that, I had a good nights sleep.

The next day, we got back to the guild to take our first quest.

We took an extermination quest on an insect infestation, the insects have been destroying crops at a nearby farm. Also, an insect attacked the owner's daughter, so the farm owner wanted them to be exterminated as soon as possible.

"Since this is rank 1, it should be easy right?" [Angelica]

"Yes, insects are easy to exterminate, but you should avoid mobs." [Clerk]

"Are they dangerous?" [Blake]

"Not quite, since they only eat crops." [Clerk]

"Wasn't a child attacked?" [Angelica]

"It might be because she got too close, if you leave the insects alone they're relatively harmless." [Clerk]

"We'll take it then!" [Angelica]

Now that we've got the quest. We went to the market to get some supplies.

References

{1} Monster Hunter Ranking, Hunter Rank 1 (HR1)