I M Chapter 11

There, I learned from Steven, that there are no magic swords in this world. Although there are monsters that look like weapons and are able to cast magic. You can also use materials to make weapons, like a crystal sword for example, but they aren't magical and are mostly just for looks and are not very durable.

Should I do some experiment with those materials?

So what is that thing then... could it be magic? But... how did I invoke it?

As from our teacher who taught us, there are two types of magic, one is cast the other is invoke. Cast is a method that you read out words regarding the spell either out of your mouth or inside your head, spells or magic that is cast are quite powerful, but the downside is it takes time. The other is Invoke, in which the names states is can be used immediately, the downs of this is its somewhat weak output...

I took out a knife from the house for an experiment.Outside, I was staring at the knife so intensely, minutes passed by.

I look like an idiot... nothing is happening... I remembered those shows where they used their mind to bend a spoon, will it bend the knife if I think hard enough? Lol.

I have to remember... that feeling...

Slowly... at the tip of the knife, a small flame is starting to appear, I smiled and then...

"Angelica! Let's train!" [Blake]

I was startled by Blake when I looked at the knife again, the flame had already disappeared. Good job Blake! You just have to go and ruin my concentration...

Blake looked at me as I was staring at the knife, my smile disappeared just like the flame...

"A-Angelica e-even if I dd-do tease you, yo-you mustn't t-think that way!" [Blake]

Blake suddenly dropped his claymore, then quickly snatched the knife away from my hands while stuttering.

I frowned at him. What's the big idea?!

"I-I get it! I'll stop calling you names!" [Blake]

I was clueless as to what he was saying, but since he wouldn't tease me with names anymore, I guess that's fine.

The second day I tried doing it again, this time in a place where no one would see...

Concentrate... I see a small flame. As I let out an "Ahh..." suddenly the flame surrounded the whole knife, it burned my hand as I held it. From the sudden surge of pain, I quickly let go "A-aw u-ugh..." it was very painful...

I checked my hand, it had a first-degree burn... I used some Healing magic to fix it up, but boy that scared me... I thought that it wouldn't heal...

Again, I concentrate. The flame only enveloped the blade, but when I try to touch it, it would still burn me...

My head started to feel like its being used as a punching bag, so I ended my experiment there.