I M Chapter 96

We all charged at the wyvern before it had any time to recover. So that Maria and Irvine can freely speak with the magicians and as they finish, they began casting their spells.

The seven dwarfs are quite skilled in close combat, they work so efficiently together that they can easily deflect the blows of the undead wyvern with their two-handed war-hammers. They were even able to break off some of its teeth and one of its horns from their engagements.

"That won't work on me again! Million Stab!!" [Mooly]

It had tried to step on her again... but she wrecked its claws. It's like watching a fighting game where you see an enemy getting air locked by a combo... The end result is like putting its paw/hand in a blender lol, the mythril poleaxe really does wonders.

She is fighting quite recklessly but we'll keep an eye out for her just in case.

"Move outta the way everybody!"

As we were fighting, a shout came from one of the magicians. Shortly thereafter there was a massive flood of spells that flew towards the wyvern.

"Flame Lasso!!" [Irvine]

"Hellblast!!"

"Flash Fire!!"

"Watercannon!!" [Maria]

"Aqua Bubble!!"

"Whirlpool!!"

"Cold Embrace!!"

"Frostbite!!"

"Icicle Edge!!"

~~~
Offensive Spells

•Flame Lasso• Irvine's personal spell a long rope-like flame that is good at holding down an opponent based on the caster's strength. While it slowly burns through them as it tightens.

•Flash Fire• A spell that is quite similar to Explosion, but only releases flames contained in a small 360° area.

•Hellblast• Intense jet of flame that is able to melt boulders and turn sand into glass within seconds.

•Watercannon• Maria's multi-casted form of Waterball which is forcefully packed into a size of a cannonball that will release immense pressure upon impact.

•Aqua Bubble• I don't know why someone would use this spell as it is only great for trapping, drowning and bringing aquatic stuff with you as it levitates a pool of water a few inches off of the ground. I saw a few magicians using this back at the capital when they caught some fish and used this spell to keep them alive and fresh as they brought them to the market or guild.

•Whirlpool• Powerful moving current that pulls and locks its target/s underwater. Ah... so that's what the Aqua Bubble was for... you needed a base/formula in order to use certain spells. I really need to study magic some more...

•Cold Embrace• A block of clear ice that encases its target. If the crushing pressure from the ice won't kill you, then the freezing cold will.

•Frostbite• Brutal cold which chills you down to the bone and as it dissipates it leaves tiny air pockets that contain water which weakens and damages the tissue.

•Icicle Edge• Multiple sharp blades of ice that swing down overhead with the cutting power to that of a guillotine.
~~~

It was as if the undead wyvern was having a seizure when it was hit by a multitude of spells.

They were using so many spells that I was having trouble hearing a few of them. Aside from the usual ones, there are also a few of which that I haven't even heard of before.

Ah, there goes another volley... they seem to be enjoying it because they're nuking the fuck outta the wyvern...

"Hey, Maria why don't you use the Inferno spell? It can turn anything into ash right?" [Blake]

"Yes, but If I did use it then it would be a cause for concern if the wyvern ever charges at us. As you should know that Inferno will cling to whatever it touches until it turns it into ash." [Maria]

"Ahh, I forgot sorry about that." [Blake]

"That's okay you were only trying to help." [Maria]

Maria gave a thumbs up to Blake who was quite embarrassed by his lack of information. I have tried to make him read books about spells, but he always makes an excuse that he has no ability to invoke them.

Still... it is much better to have a bit of knowledge on what effect the spell has in order to know how to counter or nullify it in case of being in a situation where you would fight a magician for example.

I've had some practice with Maria and Irvine and I can say that they are not the type of class whom you can easily deal with, especially when they are using a spell that you are unfamiliar with.

"Aim for the neck, spine, and foot!" [Russel]

Everyone let out their battle cries as we re-engaged. All did their part and supported one another.

We were only able to land a few good hits because it quickly scampered away once it had noticed that we were after its critical parts.

Despite being an undead this thing has a bit of consciousness left inside of it.

I don't know whether I should be thankful or not though. You either pick a smart foe that attacks strategically or a foe that is mindlessly and relentlessly screwing with you, either way is a bad thing.

"Did the wyvern just go on the defensive?" [Magician 1]

"It means that it's working so keep at it!" [Irvine]

"Fire more spells!" [Magician 2]

"Let's show them the power of magicians!" [Magician 3]

"Enough chatter and cast when ready!" [Maria]

"Yes! Ma'am!!" [Irvine/Magicians]

While yelling at them. Maria had one hand on her hip and the other holding up her staff that was pointing towards the wyvern. She had a sexy pose and is so bossy I lyk <3

I wouldn't mind getting ordered around by her and to complete the image I'll even make her wear some glasses and a very tight business attire to fully utilize dem curves.

They let out another barrage of spells...

Idling for awhile watching the beautiful fireworks doing some boom... bam... sizzle... whish...

... ... ... Who the hell is writing this script? You could've been more creative with the sfx ya know?

We noticed that each time they finish their sequence of spells the damage we inflict is steadily getting more and more effective. That even the tier below mythril which is titanium could make a noticeable damage.

Somehow the rotting flesh that was still attached to some parts of its body is providing a sort of protection. When I hit it with the fire enchanted mythril sword the damage is reduced by a lot. I wonder how strong its hides were if it was used like an armor because it seems to also somehow reduce the damage of magic.

I wouldn't find any use for this guy's hide though cause it smelled like crap.

Blake had managed to slice off parts of its bones from the rib with his mythril zweihander. Mmn... mmn... he wants those ribs so bad lol.

After receiving considerable amounts of damage. In a fit of rage, the wyvern destroyed all of the buildings within its general vicinity, billowing out dust which blocked our line of sight.

"Incoming!"

In a panic, the elf beside us shouted just as something flew outwards at great speed from the clouds of dust. It had hit the two magicians and one archer that was on the rooftop and another adventurer when the boulder skidded through the street.

"Magicians scatter!" [Irvine]

Despite Irvine's warning, another group of magicians nearby were attacked. Something had suddenly appeared from behind them and attacked their backs.

It was... the tail?!

"Watch out for the tail!!" [Maria]

Wriggling on the floor like a worm. The severed tail then lunged at a nearby magician like an agile snake piercing his torso while scraping out his innards as it wiggled through the other side...

We had totally disregarded the fact that some undead were able to use their severed parts to attack individually.

The magicians are getting picked off from the confusion as the undead wyvern began throwing whatever it got at us. From buildings to rubble which prevented us from getting to melee range and also those pesky severed parts which suddenly appears out of nowhere...

Maria quickly instructs the magicians to be on the defensive and only use healing and supportive spells.

Our offensive ability dropped when the magicians focused on supporting those who are downed and injured to get them back into the fight. We tried to cover for the magicians as much as we can.

Maria and Irvine were also targeted on multiple occasions as well, but we screened some of the attacks so they weren't all that harmed. When most have recovered we soon got back to business.

We've dispatched the tail which was a pain in the ass with the help of the magicians restricting it.

During the long strife, everyone managed to do enough damage to the undead wyvern that the bones and joints were starting to break under its own movement.

Soon the undead wyvern began to limp away which made all of us confused.

"Protect the pillars!!" [Seymour]

Knowing that it is close to its demise. The undead wyvern started to incessantly destroy the pillars ramming itself against it, oblivious to anyone who is attacking it.

At its full strength, it had already destroyed the four pillars that are by the tunnel entrance and these aren't the type of pillars that you can easily knock down, as it is about as thick as the guild hall which is also supported by steel beams that spiral up to the ceiling. This is the last pillar that was reinforced...

I am more concerned about the pillars that are at the center of the village and those by the entrance since they looked somewhat worn and aged because most of them had a few cracks. I doubt that those pillars could take the additional load...

I spoke to Russel about it and he said that they had it scheduled to be restored and added with some reinforcements at the end of this year... talk about bad timing...

We needed to end this now as we are far from the village entrance. Failing to do so will make the whole roof collapse on top of us crushing everyone else that is still left inside.

Like the tail, it squirms when most of its limbs are cut and smashed.

It's served paws and legs dragging itself on the ground attacked us, but we are ready to deal with them.

The undead wyvern then coiled itself around the pillar.

"It's climbing! Strike it down quickly!!"

Meters by meters it has gone up the pillar-like an insect moving up a tree. Using the tips of its bones on its torso like independent legs.

The head was so high up that it was out of melee range and any further use of offensive spells would be bad because it could damage or weaken the pillar even more...

I came towards one of the armored dwarfs who had the biggest mythril war hammer.

"Hey, what's your name?" [Angelica]

"Gerard, why do you ask?" [Gerard]

"Can you give me a lift?" [Angelica]

"A lift? ... ... ... Ah! A lift! You're a one crazy woman!" [Gerard]

After thinking for a bit he seems to get my point. I think...

"Also, let me borrow your hammer while you're at it." [Angelica]

"Okay, but be sure to time your jump. Cause I don't want to break your legs." [Gerard]

"Heh, thanks for reminding me lol. Hey, Maria!" [Angelica]

"Yes, Angelica?" [Maria]

"Could I count on you guys to suppress its movement?" [Angelica]

"Sure thing just be careful." [Maria]

Maria knows how my mind works so she didn't ask me for any specifics of what I had planned. That's what I liked about her she will go full support if she knew that I was going to do something important.

"Got it. You guys too." [Angelica]

The rest of the magicians used different spells to hold down the wyvern. It was a mixture of immobilization and reinforcement spells.

"Empower!!" [Maria]

"Greater Strength!!" [Irvine]

Maria and Irvine each used a support spell on Gerard. His body was enveloped in a magical glow from the enchantment spells.

I hope that they won't use any additional spells because I don't like the idea of going on a collision course with the ceiling...

"Ready?" [Gerard]

I nodded and ran to Gerard I shouted: "Go!!" As I jumped onto the mythril war-hammer.

"My muscles shall send you to the heavens!" [Gerard]

As Gerard gave me a boost, his body armor soon shatters which revealed his bulging dwarven muscles.

Oh gawd... must un-hear... must un-see...

"Take care sis!" [Mooly]

"Be careful!" [Blake]

I was moving upwards at such a great speed that I was much faster than a hurricane dragon.

Passing over the bones at high speed made me remember the barriers that quickly pass when you are moving along the highway. That distinct bussing sound when you move fast is like music to my ears.

As I flew past its skull it attempted to snap at me. The undead wyvern glancing as I went further up, its fiery eyes locked onto me with rage.

As it struggled from the restraints. Gerard threw his weapon as I started to fall.

I caught the mythril war hammer in the air and used the wind enchant. Like gears completing multiple revolutions per second I gained speed and at the very last minute, I immediately switched to earth enchant when I was about to strike its skull.

As if waiting to catch me, the undead wyvern opened its jaw. When I got closer I rolled to the side to change my position and then...

(Boom!!)

I swung the mythril war hammer in between the undead wyverns eyes and it dropped to the ground with a slam.

It had finally stopped moving as the flames in its eye reduced in size and began to disappear. Soon after the severed parts has also seemed to lose their power.

"We beat it!!" [Seymour]

"Yeah!!" [Everyone]

All celebrated at its defeat, but we are still not out of danger yet. The pillar creaked followed by dust that rained from the ceiling.

A few magicians used some reinforcement spells, but one was tugged by Irvine.

"It wouldn't hold leave it!" [Irvine]

Despite all of their efforts at reinforcing the pillar, it is only delaying the inevitable...

I only had one good quality magic crystal with me that I keep in case of emergencies, so I imbued it on the spot with earth enchant. I placed it in one of the cracks and used its effects.

In an instant, the pillar was enclosed in earth and rock. I doubt that tiny magic crystal could hold the enchantment for long since this is a big ass pillar and it would only hold it with its meagerly stored energy, but this is better than nothing...

"Everyone to the entrance!!" [Russel]

All of us ran as the surroundings shook from the falling rocks.

(Clang!!)

We heard something metallic snap and we naturally looked at its direction. The enchantment finally lifted and the four steel beams broke off of the pillar. One by one each releasing an ear piercing noise.

As the pillars gave way. At the entrance, Russel and Seymour brought out a giant sled and urged us to ride in it.

We were the last ones to go and with a quick push, the sled began to slide down and out of the village entrance. I can see a bunch of trail marks on the snow from the other sleds which led me to believe that they had kept them in case of an emergency.

We made it out in time just as when the mountain began to collapse in and on itself. I offered a silent prayer for those who had perished there as we cannot give them any proper burial...

"Avalanche!"

The mountaintop has sunk down completely turning the whole village into a black and white crater. The amount of snow it generated is equal to that of a twenty-foot high white tsunami.

From the shockwave of the impact, it sent the sled flying for a few feet. We landed hard and swerved running over a rock which tilted the sled.

"Ahh?!!" [Maria]

I saw Maria being thrown off the sled and I immediately leaned out and reached for her arm.

Her falling momentum is too great that its also pulling me off of the sled. If I don't do something now both of us will fall out.

"Crescent!!" [Angelica]

I used Crescent to change the direction of our fall and in a circular motion, I swung Maria back onto the sled with Seymour catching her.

When I let go of her I lost the force to get back on the sled.