I M Chapter 34

~~~Blake~~~

The city was like a ghost town.

Most of the shops are closed, people hid inside their residences. The streets were almost clear that we can even see the other end of the city.

What broke the silence was screams, mostly those of women and children can be heard. Their screams bounced between the alleyways and corners that basically made it hard for me, Angelica and Maria to pinpoint where they were.

Angelica took a sidelong glance at me, she's really worried about the city folks. Is it because of what happened to our village? That's what I liked about her always helping and defending others.

As we made a turn to a corner, something flew outside the alley and fell in front of us. It was the adventurer that came to his wife's rescue, he had a large wound on his chest... and some of his internal organs are dangling...

"Maria! Heal him!" [Angelica]

"..." [Maria]

"Maria?!" [Angelica]

"His wounds are too severe... there's nothing I can do for him now..." [Maria]

"P-pplease... prote... ack!"

While speaking, he spat out blood as Angelica held his hand.

"Pro...tect m-my wi-fe..."

"I will..." [Angelica]

His lifeless hand fell on the floor, as it fell there was a nearby scream. Angelica quickly dashed to where it came from. Her reaction speed was so quick that she left the both of us instantly dumbfounded.

~~~Angelica~~~

I followed the sound of the scream. While moving I can hear metal... it was a familiar sound of armor clanking. As I followed it, I came upon the pregnant wife, she was down on the floor, her skirt covered in dirt. She fell from running from the orc, it held up a huge cleaver dirtied with blood.

"No!!"

The woman screams as the orc raised its cleaver. As the cleaver fell, I managed to get in between them. Orange sparks fly, as I had cut the cleaver in half, its blade flew and bounced harmlessly to the side. The orc raised and looked at its destroyed weapon seemingly dumbfounded.

"Die!" [Angelica]

Before it could even react, I had already taken its head.

"T-thank you..."

"..." [Angelica]

I helped her up, at the same time Blake and Maria came.

"Maria, please heal her wounds..." [Angelica]

"Y-yes..." [Maria]

A green aura covered the wound, the scrapes on her knees and the wounds on her hand disappears. While we escort the woman, we heard another huge noise. After that, we felt a strong gust of wind. It was near Jose's shop.

As we got to the shop. Jose and some adventurers were outside combating orcs with magic. He used ▪Air Blast▪ on a group of orcs, they flew like plates being thrown at a wall. Their armor clanged as it hit the wall's surface.

▪Air Blast▪ apprentice level wind magic. Its effects are a strong gust of wind like a back blast but directed at the front. Sometimes the blast is enough to make you deaf for a few seconds.

"Petty orcs. You are of no match for me!" [Jose]

"Jose!" [Angelica]

"Well isn't it the missy and the boy. Oh, you brought some people with you." [Jose]