I M Chapter 98

As the woman knelt before him and he stared directly into her eyes, he was mesmerized by their golden color.

When the shock had worn off, the boy felt the stinging pain return to his arms. The woman inched closer and muttered something to his ear.

"First... Aid..."

Soon, tiny green glowing balls appeared and they then orbited around the boy's injury which slowly closed his wounds.

"T-thank you. U... um..."

(Thud!)

"Miss?!"

"So... tired..."

The woman fell on top of him. So he quickly sprung to check on her but soon relaxes once he saw that she wasn't in any real danger. She may have just needed more time to rest. The human body isn't designed to spontaneously recover and be jumping back into action the next second.

Twenty minutes had passed...

He sat by her and had the woman's head rest on his lap. While contemplating whatever the crimson light that was on the dagger.

"So you were here all along..."

"?!! H-how did?!"

The boy quickly turned his head behind and he saw a man that stood only inches away. He couldn't sense the person despite being in close proximity to him, as there was no sound nor vibration from the ground.

"Anyone will discern where you were if you scream loudly like that."

He thought of that time when he screamed in pain when the sabertooth took hold of his arms with its claws. He slowly removed the woman's head from his lap and grasped for the dagger that was next to him.

The man looked at the dead sabertooth near the boy and the woman, he deduced that the boy was harmless after examining the dagger and the boys shaking figure. Then the man quickly lunged forward and when the boy went to slash him, he gracefully maneuvers behind and holds the boy's hand up containing the dagger.

"Drop it or I'll break your arm."

"Tch."

Clicking his tongue the boy lets go of the knife.

"Good, what's your name boy?"

"... Matthew..." [Matthew]

"Lionel." [Lionel]

"I don't get the reason why you needed to know my name." [Matthew]

"We'll be keeping each other company for a short while so I find it less troublesome to always call you a kid or boy." [Lionel]

"Keeping me company?" [Matthew]

"I'm taking you to the Emperor." [Lionel]

"The Emperor?!" [Matthew]
When the man mentioned Emperor. Matthew felt rage surge from inside of him.

"You people... it's because of you that my mother was!!" [Matthew]

"I have no idea what you are speaking of. We are only tasked by the Emperor to take you to him." [Lionel]

"Fuck you and the Emperor!" [Matthew]

"Stop struggling or else I will have to kill that woman over there." [Lionel]

"So you're going to kill the person who saved me just now? Hah! You of all people should be thankful that I'm still alive because of her!" [Matthew]

As if sensing something, Lionel focused on his surroundings. Then, people started to slowly appear around them, one by one in different directions.

"Heh, I was right, if anyone were to get the kid it would be leader."