I M Chapter 92

~~~Blake~~~

Angelica's fire enchant is really useful, I was able to make use of its cutting power to carve a footing on the hard rock. If I were to use a normal sword, I was sure that it wouldn't be able to create a dent deep enough for me to even step on and without this, I may not have been able to pursue them.

As I went up the ceiling I saw the spiders enter a hole. We didn't see it earlier because the light from Angelica's crystals wasn't able to reach high enough. Also, the hole was obscured by a small patch of rock like a balcony looking down the farm tunnel, so even if you looked at it from below you wouldn't notice it until you go up the ceiling.

When I entered the hole it goes up vertically... still, I followed the spider nearby, moving slowly and steadily towards it using the protruding rocks as jumping platforms. I learned this technique when I was observing Steven as he fought with the orc king.

As I jumped closer, the spider used its thread to stop me, but I hacked away with it using the fire enchanted jian. Seeing what it did was useless it pointed its back at me.

(Pew!)

"?!' [Blake]

On its bottom shot out a sharp stinger, I tried to cut it mid-air like what Angelica does, but my hand was bound by a strand of web. I was only able to dodge it in time by barrel rolling in the air. Luckily, it seemed that it only has one, but because of that, the spider had once again covered quite a distance.

"Dammit! If I only had another weapon that I could throw at it..." [Blake]

As it got further away, there was a glow of orange and yellow light on the cocoon of web. I could see the spider struggling to get it off as the fire burned one of its legs. When it was finally able to remove itself, I could see the fiery light falling towards me.

~~~Angelica~~~

Shit... I cannot move... everything happened so fast, but I was able to piece it together.

When the flash had faded, the spider jumped at me and bit me in the arm with its fangs. The fangs were hellishly huge like an oversized syringe and it sure was painful. Before I could make my counterattack, a numbing sensation covered my body, it then grabbed me and spun its web.

Despite being paralyzed I can still power up the crystal with it being in close proximity to my pocket. Enjoy getting burned!

As the crystal glowed my clothing begun to be encased in fire. From inside of the cocoon I could hear the spider as it shrieks in pain as the flame slowly ate away at its web.

Hahahahaha! Serves you right!

This imbued magic crystal is similar to what we use in my towels at the bath, where it covers the towel in a warm flame to make it dry faster while also preventing the user from getting cold. The only difference is this one to burns anything it touches, except the user.

I had wanted to incorporate this into our snow clothing, but when I did, you would sink a few feet down and be stuck or trapped when you walked on layers upon layers of snow. Also, I'm afraid that if you unknowingly walked into a deep crevice you can break something or possibly lose your life from falling into them.

When I was able to finally see out of the cocoon, the spider had dropped me...

As it did that. I used Maria's crystal with the spell •Detoxify• I was able to move my limbs a little, yet it was still not enough to fully eliminate the effects of the venom.

Still somewhat paralyzed. I cannot hold on to the exposed rocks nor change my position. I was in a freefall...

Am I just going to go spat on the ground? That won't be a pretty sight...

Then, I was suddenly caught by something. When I turned to look, it was Blake who was hanging by his jian, that was stuck in the rock. But my clothing is still in flames.

"Blake?! You'll be burned!!" [Angelica]