"Fine. What about you?" I smiled, tears falling onto my cheeks. My breathing was raspy and uneven, as was his.
He pulled his body away from mine and looked into my eyes, my chest heaving up and down.

"So what happened?" I asked, keeping my eyes locked on Marshall. "And what time is it?"

"Well it's morni-"

"Hello?" Called a voice, a small distance away from us. I sat up quickly and took in the scene. The sky was dark with a hint of light over the horizon, beautiful, really. The pond water was swaying back and forth and the trees rustled with the wind, making my body shiver even more.

"Hello? Fionna?" The voice became clearer to me. It was Gumball.

"Fi yo-" Marshall began but I avoided his lecture, slipping out from under him and began crawling. When the nauseous-ness began to go away I stood up and tried walking back to the campsite. Marshall quickly came up behind me, lifting my feet from the ground and carrying me to the campsite.

"I'm coming Gumball." I shouted as we came closer. I soon saw the pink crystal set upon a rock, Gumball's head facing away from Marshall and I.

Marsh set me down slowly, staying still behind the screen as I stepped forward into Gumball's view.

"Fionna! My Glob! What happened to you?"

I looked down at my clothes which were soaking wet and almost transparent as they stuck to my skin. My hair was matted to my body and chest, curling all over my head.

"Oh nothing." My voice shook as I spoke. "I was just enjoying the water." I tried to act as normal as possible but I could feel Gumball was suspicious.

"Okay. Well Cake is a little worried, she hasn't been able to get ahold of you. Also, I'm going to need another part but luckily you can also get it from the Forest people." he smiled, holding up a paper, a weird shape depicted on it.

He continued talking. I took mental notes, growing weary from his voice. After I finally said my goodbyes I sprawled myself onto the ground, letting out a huff.

Marshall was quickly next to me, a smile spread across his face.

"Why are you smiling?" I questioned, furrowing my eyebrows. "Do you enjoy seeing me being tormented?"

He laughed, "No, I just think it's funny how much of a crush you used to have on him." He said, referring to Gumball. "Also, I can see your leopard print bra."

I gasped, my face instantly burning with embarrassment. I sat up, crossing my arms over my chest and giving him a glare. "Well it's not like you have to look!" I shouted, standing up but chuckling at the same time.

"I would never figure you as the cute bra type of girl." he continued, talking to my back.

"Shut up already!" I hissed, digging through my bag for a fresh pair of clothes. I ran behind a tree, quickly peeling my wet clothes off and sliding the dry ones on.

I walked back to the campsite to find Marshall already in new clothes, sitting by the fire. I smiled at the sight even though I was still very much embarrassed.

Today was the last day of our trip before we were to go back the way we came, towards the Candy Kingdom with now both spaceship pieces, which we were to get today.

The spaceship.

Yet another worry to add onto my nerves.

And Marshall, I remembered, never answered me when I had asked what happened, due to the fact Gumball had so annoyingly interrupted.

After packing our things me and Marsh were on our way again, walking as usual after he made triple sure I was okay. It seems the farther we've walked the less evil creatures we've encountered. I am grateful, don't get me wrong, but sometimes it gets boring having no adventure.

Marshall crinkled out the map, looking worriedly at it, flipping it in all directions.
"Fi the trail stops here." he said, giving me a raised eyebrow as he sat in the dirt to study the map.

I sat down next to him but after a few moments we decided to walk right through into the trees. Marshall babbled on about something while I looked around, lost in my own thoughts.
It wasn't before long before I could sense someone following us and so did Marshall, our bodies stiffening as we continued to walk. We looked at each other, both silently agreeing to not look back. Noises escaped behind us the cracking of twigs echoed.

I jumped as I felt a hand on my shoulder, turning around as quickly as I could, pulling my sword out of my pocket. I gasped at the sight before me. Two men, who looked nothing more than old trees with leaves covering their bodies, pointed arrows at me and Marshall.

My eyes widened but a smirk soon replaced my face as I knew I could easily take these guys.

"Who are you?" I asked, dropping my sword to my side.

"Guardians of the forest." replied the first one, stiffening and keeping his position.

I nodded my head and looked around.
"Do you know...Lynden?" asked Marshall, floating above the two curiously. I chuckled and pushed my hair away from my face.

They nodded. "Can you lead us to him?" I asked, hoping to get this encounter over with.

Lynden was the scientist, a friend of Gumball's, who we were to ask for when we reached the forest people. He apparently had the two parts we needed but I'm not sure if he knows Marshall and I are even coming.

*

We walked in front of the two guards, their arrows slightly digging into my back. I let them believe they were in charge, man handling Marshall and I around, or else the situation would have gotten nowhere productive. They lead me and Marshall both to a rather large concrete-ish building. It was peeling in places, not very beautiful, I thought.

I was greeted by multiple people, grinning widely at me. Marshall sent me a raised eyebrow and all I could do was shrug.

"We've been expecting you."