Chapter 70

Samuel is visiting with his parents today, while I'm having a girls day with Stephanie. Girls days are good for the soul. Every girl needs a girls day every once and a while. "I still can't believe you just took him back that easily after everything that he put you through." I sigh as Stephanie tells me this for what feels like the millionth time since Samuel and I got together. We are shopping at Ross for some discount clothes. You won't see me paying $40 for one shirt. That's ridiculous.

"Stephanie, I love him." I tell her. That's what I tell her every time she brings this up. It's the truth. She rolls her eyes. "I know, but he put you through so much." I shake my head. "I have forgiven him and you need to, too, Stephanie." She sighs, heavily. "I think I'll just stick to keeping on pretending that he does not exist for now." She tells me. She's joking, yet I know that she is serious, as well. I find it funny since she is the one who encouraged me to go after him in the first place when he came to our apartment. I know that she is only trying to be a good friend, but I really want her and Samuel to get along. They both mean so much to me.

 They both mean so much to me