Chapter 19

I've been avoiding Samuel as much as possible ever since the whole shower incident....I loved hearing him say that he wants me in his life, but it felt so wrong for me to love it....He is my sisters ex fiancé for crying out loud.....This is just too much. Maybe I should quit....

I can't completely ignore him since I see him five days a week and I help take care of him....Today is Saturday. I'm off of work today, yet I can't stop thinking about my work. Samuel is my work. That is what I need to think of him as. I'm letting him get into my head way too much for my own good....

Why won't my sister answer her texts or phone calls from us? Why did she just completely shut Samuel out of her life without any sort of explanation? I wish that I had the answer to all of these questions, but I don't. Part of me wishes that I would have just told Samuel's mom no when she asked me to take care of him, but I felt so badly for him and I felt so badly for all of the things that my sister has done to him....The worst part is that he doesn't even know about all of the times that she has cheated on him. There are too many times to count.

      I need to get my mind off of all of this mess. I sigh and walk downstairs to the living room. My mom and dad aren't home. Therefore, I have the house all to myself. I'm just about to settle in on the couch to watch some Netflix when I hear the doorbell ring. Who in the world could that be? I didn't invite anybody over.....

      I get up from the couch and walk to the front door. I peek through the blinds in the window by the front door. I almost trip over my own two feet when I see who it is. My eyes must be playing tricks on me. I peek through the blinds again. Nope. My mind isn't playing tricks on me....

It really is who I think that it is....

It's Nathan George.

My alcoholic ex-boyfriend.

This is lovely.

// Hey y'all!!! I know it's been a while!!! Vote if you like this chapter and let me know what you think is going to happen next!