Chapter 29

I did not go back to sleep after I got off the phone with Brittany. The sunlight is peeking its way through my blue curtains into my bedroom. It's morning already. Brittany did not tell me what time she would be coming back home today. Today is Saturday. I don't have to go over to Samuel's today, but I think that I should...he should know that she is coming back home. And he should hear it from me...in person.

I get up and get dressed. I'm out the door before my parents are awake. I knock on the front door of the Richardson's house. Mrs. Richardson opens the door. She has a hot pink robe on with hearts on it. She rubs her eyes and looks at me. "Karrington, what are you doing here this early on a Saturday?"

"It's important." I tell her, urgently. Her eyes widen. "What is it?" She gestures for me to come inside. I walk in and she closes the door behind me. "Brittany called me last night." I tell her. Mrs. Richardson freezes in her steps. We are standing by the front door. "What did she say?" Mrs. Richardson asks me. "She is coming home today." I gulp.

Her eyes widen. "I need to tell Samuel." I tell her. She shakes her head. "I don't want her anywhere near him." She tells me. I nod. "I understand, but he needs to know in case she tries to see him." Mrs. Richardson moves to the kitchen. I follow her. "I will not allow her inside of my house. Not after everything that she has done to my son." She tells me. She starts making some coffee. "Can I please go tell him?" I ask. She focuses on making coffee and nods yes to me.

I walk to his room. I don't bother knocking on his door. He is awake. I figured he would be. He is scrolling on his phone. "What are you looking at on there?" I ask him. He looks up and smiles at me. "What are you doing here? Did my mom have to leave?" He asks. I shake my head. "No. She didn't have to leave. I came here to tell you something." He sits up. "What did you come to tell me?" He asks. I gulp. "Brittany called me last night. She is coming back home today." Samuel blinks. He doesn't look shocked.

"I know." He tells me. My mouth falls open. "How do you know?" I ask. He sits up more in the bed. "She called me last night, too." He tells me. My mouth falls open even more. "She told me that I was the only one she told." I tell him, as I get on the other side of his bed to sit down. He laughs. "Why does that surprise you, Kar? She is a liar." I situate myself in the bed next to him. He scoots closer to me so that our shoulders are touching.

"What did she say to you?" I ask. I want to know. He sighs. "She said that she wanted to see me." I look up at him. "What did you say?" I ask. "I told her I don't think that's a good idea." I can't seem to look away from his gorgeous brown eyes. "What did she have to say to that?" I ask. "She wasn't very happy, but I don't care." I place my hand on top of one of his hands. It's like my hands just gravitate towards his body. "What did you say to her?" I ask. He shrugs. "I just hung up when she started yelling at me." I shake my head. Typical Brittany.

"Can I stay here with you today?" I ask him. I don't want to see Brittany. Samuel smiles. "You can always stay with me."

Jacob Elordi as Samuel??? Yes? No? Maybe?

Thoughts? Opinions? Tell me everything ;) Will be posting another chapter SOON! ;)