Chapter 62

I stand there just staring at him in front of me. Did he really just say what I think that he said? I don't know if I should just slam the door in his face right now or what. Part of me really wants to slam the door in his face...hard.

             I open the door and gesture for him to come in. He wheels himself into the apartment that Stephanie and I share. I close the front door as soon as he is completely inside. I don't invite him to go sit in the living room. I lean my back against the door and look at him. "Talk." I command him.

              "Can we at least sit in the living room?" He asks. I sigh. "I would rather not." I tell him. I don't want to get comfortable. I want him to say whatever it is that he has got to say. I'm sure that it is going to be yet another thing that stabs a knife into my already wounded heart.

                "Brittany told me that the baby isn't mine." He blurts out. My eyes widen. I gulp. "What does this have to do with me?" I ask. His eyes search my face. "Everything." He breathes. The door is holding me up. I feel so off balance right now. "I don't understand why you had to come all the way over here to tell me that, Samuel." I tell him, honestly. He groans and runs his hands through his thick dark hair.  "Because I'm in love with you!! That's why!!!" He yells. His face turns red. He looks like he is just as shocked as I am by the words that just came out of his mouth.