Chapter 69

Three Months Later

       I haven't spoken to any of my family in what feels like forever. Maybe it's best that way. Maybe it's not, but that's just the way it is right now. Samuel is my family at the moment and in my heart I know that he will be there for me as long as he lives. I did not plan for this to happen between us. Heck, I did not even want this to happen between us. The only reason I agreed to help him in the first place was because I felt so badly about how my sister was treating him. I never thought that I would actually develop feelings for my sisters ex fiancé in the meantime.

            Samuel and I have been going strong for the past three months. Brittany has not tried to contact us once. That has been the biggest shocker of all. It's got me on edge and I keep thinking that she is just going to spring something on us at any given moment. That is was I expect her to do. She is like a bomb that I can't find and I'm just waiting for it to explode.

            "Baby, what are you doing awake so early in the morning?" Samuel rolls over on his side to look at me. He has been staying with me in my apartment that I share with Stephanie. "I'm just thinking about what all we've been through." I tell him, honestly. "Come here." He whispers. I scoot over towards him. I love the warmth of his body against mine. "I'm here." I look up at him and smile. "It doesn't matter how we got here, Karrington, the only thing that matters is that we are here....in this moment....together." He leans down, slowly, and gives me a sweet kiss on the lips.