Chapter 34

"Sure. Come on over. I'm living at a new place. I will text you my address."

"Sounds good."

"See you soon."

"See you soon."

      I hang up and take a deep breath. I look down at the address that Nate has texted me. I type it into my GPS. It's only fifteen minutes away from where I am at now.

        It doesn't take me long to get there. The house that I pull up to is small. It is a green house with black shutters. This isn't where Nathan lived when we were dating. The neighborhood seems okay. It looks better than the neighborhood that he used to live in.

        I grab my bag and get out of my car. I walk up to the front door of the house. I hope this is the right place. There is no doorbell. I knock on the door. I take my phone out and send him a quick text to let him know that I'm here. As soon as I press send, the front door opens. Nathan smiles at me. I give him a nervous smile back. What in the world am I doing? Am I crazy? He motions for me to come in. I walk inside. He closes the door behind us.

       "Thanks for letting me come." I tell him, suddenly feeling very awkward. He puts his hands in the pockets of his jeans. "It's no problem." I look around the house. It's very quiet. "Where is your mom?" He shrugs. "Who knows? I can never keep up with her." I frown. Nathan's father is most likely still in jail as far as I know. His mom was always in and out when we were dating. She didn't exactly hang out with the best crowd, but she kept a roof over her and her sons head. That has to count for something, right?

       "Do you want to come sit on the couch and watch a movie?" He asks. "Sure." I tell him. He starts walking into the tiny living room. I sit down on the couch. Nathan sits next to me. I can feel his legs touching mine. I gulp. Nathan was my first in a lot of different ways. I scoot away from him so that our legs aren't touching. He sends me a sideways glance. "What kind of movie do you want to watch?" He asks, while pulling up Netflix on to the t.v. "I don't care." I tell him, honestly. What in the world am I doing?