Chapter 43

My former boss looks surprised to see me. I don't blame him. Although, nothing surprises me anymore, honestly. Anything could happen at any given moment. Nothing is impossible.....absolutely nothing. This world holds no boundaries. I never would have thought that Samuel would even give Brittany the time of day ever again, but look what just happened right in front of my face...

"Karrington? What are you doing here?" He asks. I walk into his office. I sit down in the chair in front of his desk. He closes his office door and comes to sit behind his desk. "I want my job back." I tell him. There is no need to beat around the bush. I don't have time to sugar coat anything. I'm done with that.

His eyebrows shoot up high. "Um.... I can't just up and give you your job back, Karrington....We hired somebody to replace you already...." He tells me. I sigh in defeat. I figured he would say something like this, but I just had to try. Before I can even respond, he starts talking again.

"Although one of our nurses put her two weeks notice in this morning." He taps his fingers on his desk. "I'll take it." I tell him. I probably sound super desperate, but I don't care. I am desperate to get some sort of normal back into my life. He smiles at me. "I didn't even ask you yet." He is looking at me like he is amused by me.

"Oh." I say. My shoulders slump. He shakes his head and smiles at me some more. "I'm just kidding. You can have it, Karrington." A huge weight feels like it has been lifted off of my shoulders. "Thank you so much. I appreciate it more than you know." I tell him. This is going way better than I thought that it would.

"You are a hard worker, Karrington. I am happy to have you back on our team. You can start two weeks from today." He informs me. "That sounds great to me. Thank you so much." I tell him.

I walk out of the hospital feeling more relieved than I have felt in what feels like forever.