Chapter 45

Today has gone by so fast. I enjoyed my first day back to work at the hospital. Working with my patients puts my heart in a very happy place. I need that in my life.

         "What are you doing after you get off?" Stephanie asks me. We only have one hour left of our shift. I sigh. "I will be going back to my motel room and then I will be surfing the internet for reasonably priced apartments...." Stephanie gives me a quizzical look. I furrow my eyebrows at her. "What's going on in that head of yours?" I ask her. She puts her fingers on her chin as if she is in deep thought. It seems like she is. "I have my own apartment." She tells me. "That's nice...." I trail off. I have no idea where she is going with this.

         "My apartment has two bedrooms..." She informs me. "Yay. I'm so proud of you." I tell her, sarcastically. What is her point? Is she trying to rub it in my face? Stephanie narrows her eyes at me and shakes her head. "You can be so dumb sometimes." I swat her on the arm, playfully. "Don't hate the player, hate the game." I tell her. She shakes her head. "Can you be serious for just one second?" She asks me. "Fine." I tell her. I fold my arms across my chest and give her my undivided attention.

           "You can move in with me." She blurts out, quickly. My eyes widen. "Are you serious?" I ask. This would be a great solution to my problem. I wouldn't have to stay at the Motel 6 anymore....."I'm completely serious." She places her hand over her heart as if that proves that she is serious.

            "What would the rent be?" I ask. She tilts her head to the side in thought. "I'll think about it, but most likely we can split the rent and utilities. That seems fair." She tells me. I nod. "Wow. This sounds almost too good to be true." I tell her. She smiles. "I'm glad that you like the idea." She turns around to look at her charts.

        I most definitely like this idea. I would no longer be bound to having to live with my parents. I would have a place to call my own to stay. It would be a place that holds no memories of Samuel or Brittany. That sounds like a wonderful place to me.

        "I'll do it. " I announce. Stephanie turns around with a huge grin on her face. "I knew you would!" She sticks out her tongue at me and does the dab.

It's 12:22 a

It's 12:22 a.m. where I live right now. I've been up all night wrapping Christmas gifts! I am exhausted, but I just had to come post another chapter. What are your plans for Christmas? 💚❤️🎄