Chapter 32

"What is that supposed to mean?" I ask Samuel. "You know exactly what I mean, Karrington." Samuel reaches his hand out and tucks a strand of my hair behind my ear. "No, I don't think that I do." I tell him, my voice level getting higher. His eyes widen. "Don't be upset." I shake my head. "Are you trying to say that I don't do what is best for myself?" I ask, feeling angry for some odd reason. Samuel looks alarmed. "No! I'm just trying to say that you should put your own feelings before Brittany's." I narrow my eyes at him. "Me and Brittany are not close. At all." Samuel looks away from me. I get out of the bed.

I don't have any extra pair of clothes. I will just have to leave here in the same clothes that I came in. "Where are you going?" Samuel asks, pleadingly. "I'm leaving." I tell him. I don't know why I'm angry. I just am. He thinks that I don't have a back bone. He thinks that I'm a push over when it comes to my family and to my sister. His wheelchair is beside his bed. He sits up and pushes his body into the wheel chair. I just stand there watching his every movement. He wheels himself over to where I am standing. I look down at him. He looks up at me.

"Don't leave." He reaches for my hand. I snatch it away. "We can't do this anymore." I can feel tears threatening to fall down my face. He gulps. His eyes are traveling over my face. I can't look him in the eyes. "Do what?" He whispers. I take a deep breath. "I can't work for you anymore." I blurt out. "Karrington, come on....." I put my hand up. "Please. Don't. I'm leaving and I'm not coming back." I turn around and run out of his room. I run out of his house. I get in my car and I drive back home to my family.