Chapter 66

"Can you feel me sitting on your lap?" I ask, seriously. I feel his body tense. He gulps. "Yes. I can feel you sitting on top of me..." He looks away from my gaze for a brief moment and then looks back at me. "Why did you just ask me that?" He looks at me, curiously. "I didn't know if you could still feel anything below the waist anymore..." I trail off. I'm suddenly realizing how awkward this particular conversation could get.

Samuel glares at me. Hard. "So you think that since I lost both of my legs that I can't feel anything below the waist anymore? You think that I can't be a man?" He asks, sounding angry. What in the world? Why is he snapping like this? I need to calm him down. "Be a man??" I question him. He sighs, heavily, and glares at me harder. "You thought that I couldn't get hard and have sex with you." He blurts out. My eyes widen and my cheeks turn red. The thought HAD crossed my mind before. "I didn't know, Samuel....even if you couldn't do those things I would still love you." I tell him, honestly. His gaze begins to soften, but not completely.

"But I can do those things." He tells me. I place my hand on his cheek, softly. "Look at me, Samuel." His eyes slide over to meet mine. "I love you and that's all that matters to me." I tell him, meaning every single word that just came out of my mouth. I would still want to be with him even if he could never make love to me. That's not what this is about. This is about the fact that I can't go a single day without thinking about him. This is about how I don't want to go another day without his arms being around me.

"Brittany said that no one woman would ever want to be with me that way ever again." He tells me, avoiding my gaze once again. My heart freezes in my chest. "When did she say that?" I ask. He still isn't looking at me. "She said that when I left her." He takes a deep ragged breath. "She said a lot of things when I left." He runs his hand through his thick hair. I'm speechless. I don't know what to say. Did him and Brittany do anything while he was there helping her with the baby that wasn't even his in the first place? "Brittany and I only had sex that one time before I went to Afghanistan." He whispers. I gulp. It's as if he was reading my mind. Are my thoughts that easy to read?

I feel a huge relief come over me. It makes me happy to know that the only tie he had to my sister was the baby boy that he thought was his own flesh and blood. I take both of his hands in my own. "Samuel, my sister is grade A stupid. Never listen to her." I tell him. He shakes his head. "I can't satisfy you the way that a man who has two legs can." He shake my head. "You are already satisfying me." I tell him, as I rest my head on his shoulder. "You know what I mean, Karrington." He practically growls. I lift my head up off of his shoulder and look at him. "Yes, I know what you mean, but I'm 100% positive that you can satisfy me in that way too." I give him a wink and his eyes widen at what I just said.