Chapter 65

Samuel, slowly, wraps his arms around me as I sit on his lap. I'm tired of fighting my feelings. I just want to live in the moment and forget the past. I want to stop thinking about the complications of the future, as well. Basically, I'm sick and tired of overthinking everything.

           I sigh into Samuel's chest. I lift my head up to look at him. He was already looking at me. My heart starts beating harder in my chest. "I've missed spending time with you so much." I admit to him. He lifts his hand up and moves a strand of my brown hair away from my face. "Karrington, I've missed you so much, too, sweetheart." He breathes. He leans in and presses his warm lips against mine. I kiss him back. His kisses are slow and sweet, like he wants to take his time with me. I like that.

          He pulls away first. "I want to do that all the time." He tells me, while looking into my eyes, no trace of humor in his voice or face. I smile at him and place my hand over his heart. "I want this all the time." I start pointing at his heart. He looks confused for a second, but then realization hits. "It's already yours. It was never really hers." He tells me. I wince at the mention of my sister. He notices my reaction. "I'm sorry for everything that I have put you through, Karrington." He sighs and runs his hand through his thick brown hair. "You did not deserve to be treated the way that I treated you." He rubs circles on my back with his hand.

        I take a deep breath. "I forgive you, but I'm not just going to forget everything that you have put me through, Samuel. It's been so hard...." I take another deep breath. "This whole time I thought you had a baby with MY sister and then you completely shut me out of your life without really explaining anything to me." I breathe. He nods. "I understand completely. I'm in shock that we are actually having a conversation right now." He admits. I raise my eyebrows. "You know what? Honestly, so am I." I admit. I've surprised myself by giving in to my feelings.

             "But I'm glad that we are." He wraps his arms around me tighter. I lay my head on his shoulder. "Does it hurt you when I'm sitting on your lap?" I ask. His eyes shoot down to look at me, quickly. "What do you mean?" He asks, sounding a tad defensive. "Like am I too heavy?" I ask. He visibly relaxes a little. "Karrington, you are perfect. You are not hurting me." He gives me a small smile.