Chapter 2

The next day, my mom wakes me up extremely early. I'm off of work today, unfortunately. Therefore, that means that I will have to be here to witness Brittany wishing her beloved Samuel a farewell. I would rather be at work right now.

"Karrington, put some decent clothes on and come down stairs so you can be there for your sister and say good bye to your future brother in law."

        I look down at what I'm wearing. I'm wearing zebra print pajama pants and an oversized black t-shirt.

        My mom walks out of my room in a hurry and heads back downstairs. I get out of my bed, look at myself in the mirror, and shrug. I run a brush through my hair ,real quick, and put my hair up. I don't change my clothes. I don't care.

        As soon as I reach the bottom of the stairs, my eyes land on Brittany and Samuel sitting next to each other on the same love seat that I was sitting on while trying to avoid everybody last night. I sigh and walk into the living room. Mom and dad are sitting next to each other on the couch. I plop myself down on the recliner. I can feel everybody's eyes on me.

"Good morning." I mumble.

Samuel stands up. Brittany follows suit and stands up with him.

"I hate to leave so soon. I know I just got here a few minutes ago, but I have to be at the airport in 45 minutes." He glances down at his watch.

Samuel is so tall. He has to be at least 6 foot 3 or 4.

My mom and dad scurry over and follow Brittany and Samuel to the front door.

Way to give them some privacy guys.

Not like they need it anyways. I've never even seen them kiss.

        My mom gives Samuel a hug. My dad gives Samuel a hug. Brittany gives Samuel a super long hug. Then everybody turns to look at me.....I'm still sitting in the living room. I sigh and walk over to the little group that they have created in front of the front door.

        Samuel just looks at me. Waiting for me to hug him, I suppose, but I'm not going to do that. I'm not a very touchy feely kind of person.

        I extend my hand out. He looks at it and then he places his in mine. We shake. I swear that I see a smirk trying to break out on his mouth, like he thinks this is funny. I suppose it is. I'm not very good with social interactions. I never have been. I let my hand go first.

        He turns his attention back towards Brittany. They hug again. At this point, mom and Dad head back to the living room. I guess they have finally decided to give Samuel and Brittany their space. I give them one last glance and then I head back upstairs to the safety of my bedroom.

 I give them one last glance and then I head back upstairs to the safety of my bedroom