Chapter 37

My eyes widen and my mouth falls open. She is way too much. How is this girl even my own flesh and blood? "What is wrong with you?!" I yell. She laughs, quietly. "You are the one who has been pining after my sloppy seconds while I was gone." She says, with a sickly sweet smile on her face.

      I gasp and narrow my eyes at her. "I don't know what you are talking about." I cross my arms across my chest. She gets up from the swing. "Mom and dad told me you have been taking care of Samuel." She stands directly in front of me. "Yes, I have, but not anymore." I admit. "Did he get tired of you?" She grins. Why is my sister so evil? "I'm done talking to you." I tell her while looking her straight in the eyes. "Whatever. Go have fun with my sloppy seconds." She smirks.

         I turn around and I don't even respond to her. I start walking back towards my car. I still have no idea where I am going. I don't know what to do. I'm at a loss.

"Hey!!!!" Brittany yells from behind me. I, reluctantly, turn around. I come face to face with my sister. Apparently, she had followed behind me.  "What?!" I spat at her. She puts her hands on her hips and gives me a big grin. "You should know that Samuel is NOT a virgin." She winks at me and then spins around to walk back up to our parents house.

    I just stand there. I thought that he was waiting for marriage? That's what Brittany said a while back before they got engaged. I guess his choices changed, obviously. Images of Samuel and Brittany together start clouding up my mind. I want the images to go away. I shake my head, as if that will make them go away.

     What have kind of situation have I gotten myself into? I should have never agreed to stay with Samuel and help him, but there is something about Samuel that lures me in. There has always been something about him that has lured me in. I hate to admit it, but Samuel has intrigued me from the day that I met him. What kind of sister does that make ME?