Chapter 57

One Month Later

    I want to say that I am completely done with Samuel, but deep down in my heart I know that is a lie. All I know is that he is not fighting for me. He is not fighting for us. I get that he has a son. Well, he "thinks" he has a son. Who knows if that's his son, honestly. Brittany is my sister and I love her, but she's a liar and a cheater.

            Samuel has not reached out to me since the last time that I saw him. Personally, I'm done playing this game of cat and mouse. I deserve better than this.

"Karrington!" Stephanie yells, excitedly. I give her a look. "Lower your voice. You are going to wake up the patients." I tell her. We both decided to take on an extra shift tonight and it's the night shift. We normally do the day shift, but we made sure we got a lot of sleep on our day off yesterday and before coming in to work tonight.

"Guess who is working the night shift with us tonight?" She asks, wiggling her perfect dark brown eyebrows. I sigh, heavily. "Who?" I ask.  She gives me a dreamy look. I roll my eyes at her. "Dreamboat." She says, simply. "Dreamboat?" I ask her, confused. She giggles. "Stupid hot doctor!" She clarifies. I narrow my eyes at her. "Are you talking about Kent?" I ask her. She points at me and grins. "You remembered his name!!!!" I roll my eyes at her once again. "I have a good memory." I tell her.

       "He was so nice to you when you two officially met." She says while giving me a look. "Shut up, Stephanie." I flip through the charts to see what patients I will be tending to tonight. "I will never shut up, Karrington." She sticks her tongue out at me.

          "Karrington." An unfamiliar voice says. I turn around and my eyes land on the "dreamboat". "Kent." I reply back. "It looks like you will be helping me with some of my patients tonight." He gives me a small smile. I give him a small smile back in return. "Seems like it." I tell him. I can feel Stephanie's eyes burning into my face. She is so going to get on my case about this as soon as he is out of hearing distance.

           "Well then, seems like it will be a fun night." He gives me a mischievous grin, bites his lip, and goes away just as quickly as he came.

            And, as soon as he is out of ear shot Stephanie definitely gives me an ear full....