Chapter 68

"Umm, excuse me?!" A voice screeches. I pull away from Samuel. My eyes widen as they land upon my sister. "What are you doing here, Brittany? Who let you in?" I ask. I can feel Samuel tense underneath me. Brittany narrows her eyes at me. "I'm here because I just knew he would come running back to you and your roommate let me in." She sneers. "I think that you should leave, Brittany." Samuel says, startling us both.

"What did you just say?" Brittany puts her hands on her hips. I look back and forth between my sister and Samuel. I am still sitting on Samuel's lap and I do not intend on moving. "You heard what I said." Samuel tells her. I gulp. "So you are just going to forget about me like that?" She asks. She almost sounds hurt. Almost.

"You are easy to forget." He tells her. Brittany huffs. "Keep on telling yourself that. You will come running back to me. Just you wait and see." She looks over at me and shakes her head in disgust. She leaves the room without saying another word. I turn to look at Samuel. He looks right back at me. "Please remind me again as to why you ever proposed to that woman?" I ask him. "Temporary insanity." He shakes his head and laughs a little bit.