Chapter 26

"Okay...lets do this!" I say, feeling nervous and excited at the same exact time. I feel like it's my personal milestone that I am reaching, even though it is Samuel's milestone that he is reaching.

      I grab his wheel-chair from the corner of the room and place it beside his bed. I help him get into the wheel-chair. He barely needs any help. I'm so proud of him.

"So, where are we traveling to?" I ask, grinning at his back, as he starts wheeling towards his bedroom door while I am walking behind him.

"I was thinking about getting in the car with you and going wherever you please." He opens the door to his bedroom and gestures for me to walk out first. I blush and walk ahead of him.

"You had this planned didn't you?" I ask. I look at his clothes. Those are not pajamas. He is wearing a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. I smile.

"Maybe...maybe not." He smirks at me.

I laugh. "You are something else."

"So does this mean that we are back to normal now? No more awkwardness?" He asks, out of the blue.

What is normal for me and Samuel?  There shouldn't even be an "us" to think about.

"Yeah. Back to normal." I give him a small smile, unsure of what normal between us really is....

I just want things to be uncomplicated. I don't want to be stuck in a situation that makes me feel uncomfortable. A sister should not crave to spend time with her older sister's ex-fiancé. It doesn't matter if she did him wrong. It's still not right, but somehow I can't get myself to quit this job. Specifically, I can't get myself to quit spending time with Samuel.

"Good." He says, sounding like he is unsure, as well.

"How about we go get some ice cream?" I suggest.

"Did you just ask me out on a date?" He teases me.

I blush. "Shut up!"

His mom always leaves me with a key to her van that stays home just in case of emergencies. It's easier to get Samuel's wheel chair in and out of the van.

We get in the van and I begin to drive us to our non-date ice cream destination.

Hey y'all! I love writing and my ultimate dream is to become a published author so I can see my book at Barnes and Noble

Hey y'all! I love writing and my ultimate dream is to become a published author so I can see my book at Barnes and Noble. 😍That might not ever happen, but I've realized lately that I shouldn't give up on my dream because I love writing AND I enjoy it. Prepare to get more updates from me and new stories soon my loves. 😘