3am 🐙 Tom Holland

Please watch the clip above before reading as it is crucial! This chapter is supported by it :)

Warnings: Drug use, violence

Enjoy :)

Sleepless nights had become something of the norm over the years. You knew growing up that your brother was different, and it didn't really start to show until the teenage years came around. The dark bags would become thicker, his curfews would be met less, his temper would be shorter and he wasn't around anymore. You missed him because he was your brother of course. But, you both had minds of your own and unfortunately, you couldn't control your brothers. No matter how much you wanted to.

The sound of harsh banging on the door woke you, rolling over in the bed to see your mother was no longer present. Because of how the family business has collapsed, you and your mother were living in poverty and now could only afford a small house at the South end of Kingston. You were living alone for a while, until you lost your job and were forced to move back home with your mum, and occasionally your brother. You slipped out of the bed sheets, your bare feet hitting the wooden floor, having had the carpet removed several months ago. You follow the faint voices and loud knocking to the front door, where your mother's hand was hovering over the lock and chain.

She caught sight of you shortly, her pupils widening, "darling, go back to bed-"

"Is that Tom?" you asked, rubbing the underneaths of your eyes where sleep was fighting its way back into your system. Your mother couldn't hide it from you for much longer, as she had previously tried her hardest to keep you away from Tom. He was a bad influence, and you knew that, but despite it all, you loved him with all of you and you missed him more every second he wasn't around. You were the same age and inseparable, yet now such words could not be said.

"Mom? Mom are you still there?" Tom asked as the door creaked open, still suspended by the chain connected to the wall. "I-I'm here"

"O-Okay, I need you to do something for me okay?" he sounded out of breath, and you knew what was coming. This had happened in the past, and Tom would only usually come looking for things at three o'clock in the morning when he had run out of money, "I need s-some money, okay?" Bingo.

You stood there and watched the scene unveil for a while, as your mother began to slowly deteriorate into the darkness which had only ever been caused by her let down of a son. "Mum? Are you still t-there?" he asked, his fingers grasping the door frame tightly. "Mum?!"

"I'm here, okay... I'm here" she sighed, reaching around and placing her hand over his. Tom jolted forward quickly, arm reaching around the side of the door and gripping her, but not too harsh so much she was restricted. Tom might be a little angsty when he's on the road back to earth, but he would never hurt you or your mother. "Mum I'm in some trouble.." Tom's voice began to shake, whimpering and you knew he was upset. Despite everything, he was still a human being.

"Mom, please! I'm in trouble a-and I need some money-"

"I don't have it!" She began to panic, blood rising as she pushed against the door, Tom's hand slipping away from the frame as she urged the door closed. "Mom! Mom, no! Please, mum, I'm your son!" he began wailing, fists pelting into the door frame as his temper began to rise. You moved forward swiftly. Your mother was strong hearted, but not so much willed, and it wouldn't take much for her to break. You set her down on the floor gently, before unlocking the door and slipping out into the hallway.

Tom was sitting down against the wall, not even acknowledging the fact you were standing in front of him. He looked hopeless. Tom used to be such a bright character, with so much going for him. And now, here he was, drowning in his own pitty and sorrow at your mum's door with nowhere to go and no hope to keep him going. You kneeled down slowly in front of him, being cautious not to startle him. You pulled the black beanie from his head, looking at the way his brown hair flopped over his forehead.

"Hey," you whispered gently, bringing his head up. His skin was cold and his cheeks were ruby red, tears flowing down them. He snivelled harshly, despite all the arguments and disagreements you'd had over the years, eventually leading to slight rivalling, right now at this moment the emotions were out on the table, everything exposed and neither one of you seemed to care. "You are so much stronger than this, ya know?" you questioned, brows knitting together and keeping your guard strong.

"P-please, help me Y/N- I'm in some big trouble a-and I need some money-"

"Tom, listen to yourself" your voice pitched slightly, the tightening growing more prominent on your throat. "I know there are things in this world that you want because you're scared of the consequences if you don't get them. But Tom, start focusing on what you need. How long has it been since you last ate?" You conjectured, staring at his prominent jaw bone.

"Maybe a w-week... or two ago" he chocked, stuttering over every word. You sighed, disappointed but initially worried. You placed your hand on his cheek, letting him nestle into the palm of your hand. In truth, Tom was tired. Tired of running away from his problems and for once he just wanted a break. A break from everything the world said he needed when what he wanted was completely the opposite. "Come on get up" you whispered gently, but there was the harsh tone still prominent under your breath.

Tom let out a harsh groan as he finally reached his feet, having to hold onto you for stability. You reopened the door, your mum having returned to bed. You were better at dealing with Tom, more than she had ever been, maybe because you were more on his level than she was. "I'll go run you a shower, okay?" you smiled, moving some bags off the couch for him to sit. He nodded, snivelling one last time before removing his jacket. His collar bone stuck out a great deal more than it ever did before, making your skin crawl. His arms were bruised from the damage he had inflicted on himself and his torso barely touched the shirt he was wearing.

You took a deep breath, knowing you shouldn't be giving into your emotions. Tom was here for one reason and that reason only was to please the demons in his head. But you couldn't help missing the once bundle of joy that was your other half. You walked sternly across the living room, wrapping your arms around his waist and tucked your nose into his neck, just how it was when you were kids. Tom sighed heavily, not hesitating to take up on the offer and soon you were swaying together, alone, in the living room surrounded by the emotional chaos of each other's lives.  "I've missed this" you hummed, loosening your grip and letting him go. He smiled weakly, the dimples in his cheeks still there, yet slightly faded. "Yeah, me too" he whispered.

After showering, it wasn't long before the two of you were curled in each other's grasp on the small couch, surviving on each other's body heat. Tom had his head tucked tightly on your chest as you moulded together, fighting to stay onboard the couch. His damp hair didn't take long to soak through your shirt, but it somewhat reminded you that he was still there.

You were awake long after Tom had drifted off to sleep, and occupied your self by tracing small circles around his bare arms. Each time Tom moved you could see the bones moving under his skin and it made you sick. What happened behind closed doors was none of your business, but this time despite being oblivious to it, found yourself being affected by Tom's outcomes.

"I may not be able to solve all your problems, but I promise you will not have to face them alone"