Open Wounds 🐙 Peter Parker

[ E P I G R A P H ]

It wasn't a regular occurrence that you would stay up until early hours in the morning, but tonight you just couldn't sleep. Everything was keeping you awake, and your mind felt like it was running at least 5,000 miles an hour.
However, someone caught the luck you were blindly giving out, as thankfully you were awake when a very broken Peter came to your bedroom window.

[ E N J O Y ]

The ferocious knock had brought you out of your trance like state, your body automatically shooting upwards into a sitting position and your auto pilot vision gliding over to the window. Pulling them away from the frame, you stood on your feet before checking the time; 2:36 am.

You pulled up your pyjama pants before heading over to your window, unlocking it and pushing it open hastily, being cautious not to hit whoever was stood on your balcony. Fortunately for you, it was Peter, as you guessed from the blue and red spandex.

"Peter, it's half two in the morning what are y-" Your sentence was cut off as Peter supported himself abruptly in from of you, his gloved hand clenching his side. You took no more consideration in questioning him and hooked your hands under his arms, helping him inside. As his feet hit your carpet, his knees gave way beneath him and he slandered to the ground, groaning in pain as his chest rose and fell at a quickening pace.

"Peter what's going on?" you asked, the panic in your chest growing by the second as crimson blood began oozing from the open wound propped deeply into Peter's right hip. He gathered some breath before trying to calm himself down and finally speaking; "I-I got jumped down town" he groaned, his eyes squinting tightly together as you ripped his suit open further to reveal the damage. A hand cupped your mouth at the pure sight of how deep it was. "I t-tried to stop them but t-they had a knife"

"Peter you're gonna need stitches, let me call an ambulance-"

"No!" He grabbed you hastily, your body jerking away from your phone and back to face him. "Please- No. They can't see me in my suit"

"Peter if this wasn't so serious, I would have a plan B- but it's almost three in the morning and my best friend just dived into my bedroom with a gash in his side. What would you do in this situation?!" you almost yelled, picking up your phone before kneeling down beside him, placing your hand on his forehead in motherly attempt to make sure his temperature was stabilised.

After the phone dialled for a moment, a woman came onto the end of the line. You addressed the situation to her in as much low key detail as possible, especially when it came to how the gash came to occur. Peter was wincing under every finger flutter you traced against his skin.

"Can you stand?" you asked, pleading for him to keep his eyes open. He was getting worse.

"I-I think so" he stuttered, still under the mess of not being able to catch his breath. You nodded, telling the nurse before the phone line sounded to a continuous ringing sound.

"An ambulance is on it's way, but you gotta stand up and get to the bathroom" you began rushing, pushing loose strands of escaped hair behind your cold ears and pushed harshly on the small black signature button in the middle of Peter's suit, the spandex deflating around his body. He looked at you with deep confusion, as if silently asking how you knew how to do that. "I've seen you do it like a hundred times" you rolled your eyes before helping him to sit upwards.

Sitting up was enough of a challenge, how you were going to help him stand, you didn't know. After prompting your hands under his arms, he weakly shrugged towards his feet, his hot breath blowing against the crook of his neck. You hushed him gently, running a hand down his bare back. "Come on, Pete. You can do this" you smiled, feeling the small tears sink into the fabric of your shirt. He nodded gently against you, before letting out a loud moan of pain as you applied pressure to his lower body.