Nightmares 🐙 Isaac

If you have not seen the movie "How I Live Now" please go and watch it! Amazing film!
This takes place after the war, with everyone surviving. However, Isaac suffers from the dreaded nightmares of the war and cannot seem to fight them. Y/N is Isaacs older sister, trying to take care of him as much as she can.

Y/N - Your Name

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

The night was cold and dark. Y/N lay awake on the couch, her eyes drifting open every now and again. The war was finally over and the five were safe. With Piper vowing to never walk again, Daisy and Eddie a happy couple.. It just left Isaac and Y/N to protect each other. Isaac was breathing heavily, his breathing quickening every now and again. Y/N sat up, leaning against the bed frame, watching him closely.

Isaac had been having severe nightmares ever since they got back to the safety of the house. Although the war was over, Isaac was still uneasy. He shook a little, pulling the sheets gently. His back was coated in small cuts and bruises, making Y/N's skin shiver. The room fell silent before being coated in the thick screams of Isaac. Y/N's heart skipped a beat as she jumped to his side, shaking him frantically. "Isaac! Isaac!" She yelled over the loud cries. Isaacs eyes shot open, tears rolling down his cheeks. "Isaac!" Y/N yelled again, grasping his attention.

Isaac shot upwards, clinging onto her. He hurried his head into her chest, letting out faint cries, followed by louder sobs. "Hey.. Sshh.. Your ok." Y/N rocked him gently, running his hands up and down his back. His thin clothes were coated in sweat, sticking to his skin. His forehead was damp and his cheeks were quickly becoming damper from the falling tears. "Another nightmare?" Y/N asked. Isaac nodded slowly before pulling away and wiping his nose on the back of his hand. Because of the frantic nightmares, Y/N refused to let Isaac sleep alone. Not after last time.

"Where a-are my glasses?" He asked. His voice was a little shaky. Y/N passed Isaac his glasses from the beside table, placing them behind his ears and re-knewing him of his sight. "Better?" She asked calmly. He nodded slowly. "What happened this time? In your nightmare?..." Y/N asked calmly. Isaac looked up, his dark brown eyes scanning her face, he bit his bottom lip as another tear threatened to slip down his cheek. "I.. I lost you. All of you. I was all alone" he said before more and more tears slipped down his cheeks. "The men.. they took me away" he said, now gasping for air. Y/N cupped him gently in her arms, pulling him close and cradling his small frame gently. "I'll always be here, understand. I'm never going to leave you again" she said, whispering into his ear slowly and shushing him. He nodded once again as the tears came to a halt.

His breathing calmed down after a while, his head becoming heavier in Y/N's shoulder. His brown fluffy hair covering his eyes as Y/N lowered him back onto the comfort of the mattress. She covered him gently, wiping away the tear stains under his puffy red eyes. She smiled in the darkness as she kneeled down beside him. "I'll never leave you... I promise.." she said, brushing the last few strands of hair away from his eyes.