Insomaniac 🐙 Peter Parker

[  E P I G R A P H  ]

Insomnia is one the many conditions you suffer with, and despite it not being as 'dramatic' as the others, it's still there and there is no denying it when it comes out to play in the nighttime. 

Insomnia, to be described, is like a hyperactive tick, accept you remove the random flashes and take it more of a constant. Insomnia means and is often recognised as someone who cannot sleep, or is kept awake by dreams or sometimes even night terrors. 

You had suffered with these conditions ever since Peter had began ignoring you at school. You had tried multiple times to figure out why, however he had continued to remove your presence out of his life. The night terrors where what kicked it off, you would wake up screaming in the middle of the night, sometimes even in the morning if you managed to fight them off for long enough. You would get frequent nightmares, often replaying the same scenario, and that soon lead to insomnia. The dreams became so graphic you would miss nights of sleep, which soon lead to an unbreakable habit.

[ E N J O Y  ]

You paced through the halls quickly, every bump on the shoulder feeling like someone had thrown a brick at you. You skipped breakfast this morning in order to avoid your father. He worried about you way too much, and if he knew you had been missing sleep he would make you take time off school, which you really couldn't afford. You'd been skipping lessons, spending the whole period in the toilet. Some times crying, others smoking to keep your mind off Peter. 

At the beginning of the year, you were best friends, and now things were completely different. Peter had flown up the social chain, now hanging around with Flash, baring in mind Peter was violently bullied by the group. You, had then fallen down the social chain, now hanging around with basically no one. Jacob and Michelle were you only two friends ever since Peter decided to ditch you all. But, back to the fact you were both friends at the beginning of the year, meant that you had chosen to sit together in almost all your classes that you shared. 

Every time you caught a glimmer of him in the hallway, or he would speak to you forcefully when asking for something, your mind would run blank and flash back to the night he decided he didn't want you in his life anymore. It was just a simple text message, as if he wasn't man enough to say it to your face. You had asked why he was suddenly being so distant with you and the group, and then he just popped a 'I can't be friends with you anymore, i'm sorry', and that was that. You were deleted out of each others lives without a word sideways about it. No explanation. Nothing. 

Realising you had chemistry, you slowed your pace down, wanting to get there later in order to spend less time with Peter. Things had gotten awkward between the two of you, and more of your side. You had become scared to talk to him, as he spent most his time communicating with other's around the classroom and getting on the bad side of Miss Hunter. He'd changed, and it made you crumble inside knowing that the Peter you once loved and cherished, was gone. 

The bell rang through the hallway, and you were already at the door with in eye distance of Miss Hunter, who had seen you approach the doorway. She smiled at you, no turning back now. You walked in quickly, avoiding any possible conversation scenarios and slumped down in your seat as the class slowly filled in. Peter was one of the last ones in, looking his unusual self. He sat down next to you like you were a shadow, barely recognising you. God how things have changed. 

As the class rolled out, being assigned some text book work, you couldn't help but notice how Peter was fidgiting uncontrollably in his seat, biting the ends of his pencil, leaning backwards, tapping his feet against the floor, humming, heck he was breaking a sweat like he was doing some kind of workout. 

"Dude, can you stop" you whispered under your breathe, Peter shooting his head towards you. He gave you a confused look before sitting forward and finally calming down a little. You kept your eyes on him closely, watching him as he became very uneasy. His breathing became jagged, and his hands would run through his hair, messing it up completely. You sat forward, writing down the work you had been assigned when Peter nudged you harshly, making your pen glide across your sheet of paper. 

"Dude-"

"I need you help" Peter whispered desperately. You looked at him for a second, a spark of confidence shooting through you. Your blood was boiling with anger, so much you felt like you were ready to cry.

"Sorry, can't help you"

"Y/N please" he said a little louder, luckily being drowned out by the low fi conversations swinging around the classroom. 

"Help yourself" You shot back, returning to your work. 

"Why are you being such a bitch?" 

"Don't you dare, Parker! Where were you when I needed help, huh? What? Was I suddenly not good enough for you?" You asked, feeling the lump forming in your throat. Peter stared at you, as if it had clicked in his mind why you were deciding to decline his offer. Finding yourself needing to calm down, you pushed your chair back and picked up your back pack, moving in between the table and Peter and paced quickly out the classroom before Miss could protest. You could feel the eyes burning into your back as you left, making your way down the hallway for the toilets. 

Coming up to lunch, you had calmed down a little, however had lost your appetite, and were now lazily running your food around your plate. 

"What's up?" Ned asked, finally noticing how silent you had been for the majority of the lunch period. You shrugged, sighing loudly. 

"Peter again?" he asked, lowering his voice. Usually, you became sensitive and angry if anyone were to bring up Peter. You didn't know why you did, it just happened. But today you just sighed with a nod, giving in to your emotions. 

Not a lot portrayed out during lunch, as you spent all of the time you had sitting in the canteen, even when Michelle and Ned decided to leave and go grab a seat outside. Now, you were home and had just dropped your bag at the doorway, lifting your head to see a not so pleased father standing in front of you. 

Part 2 coming soon.