P.3 Growing Up to the Bitter Cold 🐙 Tom Holland

Your hands were beginning to sweat behind Toms as he lead you up stairs. You were embarrassed about your body, and the only people who had seen it had been the men from the one night stands. You mentally cursed just thinking about how you'd used yourself.

You let go of Toms hands as you walked into the bathroom, immediately feeling unbalanced from the lack of contact. You looked at each other for a moment as you turned on the shower. You kindly gestured for Tom to turn around, and he did.

The feeling of your clothes slipping off your skin get wrong, and it hurt in a way. The tough cotton rubbing against your scars was uncomfortable to say the least. You dropped your shirt into the sink, having no under garments on. You felt exposed and shy. You slipped your leggings down before opening the shower door and turning your back to face Tom. The lower half of the glass shower was pure white, blocking out anything below your waist.

"You can uh- turn around now" you said as you slipped under the shower head.

Peters POV

I turned around slowly, my eyes immediately falling on her. The skin on her back was smothered in bruises and hand prints. She looked like she'd been grabbed and thrown around for an hour. Her arms were dark shades of blue and purple, myself still unknown as to what she'd been doing. But yet, it still hurt.

She struggled running her hands through her hair, or even when she looked down at her arms. Her spine was dangerously prominent. She looked unwell. She looked unsafe. She looked... Unloved. This was all my fault. I never should have left.

"I can practically hear you staring at me" she announced, her voice echoing from behind the shower door. I coughed awkwardly, sitting down on one of the chairs she had in the bathroom. And yet, my eyes didn't leave her. Watching her as she continued her bathing.

I could see why she needed watching over, there would be times were she would break down silently just looking at her hands, legs or arms. She'd hug herself tightly, as if she was trying to shield out the bad.

Getting lost in my thoughts, I didn't hear the shower turn off until Y/N was asking me to hand her a towel. I stood, handing it to her from behind the door and she took it kindly. "You want me to step outside?"

"Uh... Yeah, please" I nodded, opening the door and heading out onto the landing.

I waited patiently for her while she dried herself, and soon she came out with her clothes on and her wet hair draped at her shoulders. She gestured for me to follow her, and I did.

Your POV

Tom followed you into your room slowly. He looked around as you did, and you could almost feel the shame radiating off him. Your room had become more of a man cave than a place of rest. To say it was a mess would be an understatement.

"Sorry about the mess" you apologised as you began moving things from your bed and straightening out your sheets. "You really need to stop apologising for everything" Tom smiled as he sat down next to you on the bed.

"Face the wall for a sec" he smiled, gesturing for you to turn around. You swallowed, nodding and doing as he asked. His hand ran down your neck gently, making your breath hitch.

"You ok?" He stopped, looking round at you. You nodded. The last time you were touched there, wasn't for a callas reason. He continued, trying to be as gentle as possible as he collected your hair and began plaiting it slowly, moving it out of your face.

He sealed the plat off at the end with a small hair tie, and brought his hands to your hips, slowly dragging you towards him. You whimpered under his strong touch, making him let go immediately.

"I'm sorry, did I-"

"No. It's just me" you shook your head, swallowing. He nodded, the silence creeping in. You sighed, moving to the end of the bed, sat facing your drawer. You pulled out a hairbrush, undoing the plat and brushing out your hair. But it was as if Tom was hesitant to give up. He followed you to where you sat, bringing you back again and ignoring your gasp of shock. He seated you between his legs, telling you to relax as he brought his legs to the side of you. You did as he asked, and tried to slow your breathing.

A spark of confidence struck you by mistake and you leaned back into Tom, your head resting next to his. You closed your eyes, pushing back the fear and feeling the moment of him being with you. His hands slid to your stomach, slowly placing his whole palm over your body, before slipping it under your shirt and holding you tightly. You brought your stomach back, trying to ease away from his touch, but remembering it was Tom reminded you he wouldn't hurt you.

"Remember prom?" Tom whispered gently. His whispered were like sweet hyms to you, killing you away into sleep. However, you nodded against him.

"Was that where it started?"

Your eyes opened slowly, your body tensing. "You don't have to answer me" He rephrased.

"Yeah. It was" you sighed, thinking back to the stupid mistake you made. "I wish I could change that night. I wish I could change all of it. The years I've spent almost developing an obsession with you is ridiculous"

"You could have called?"

"You think I didn't try?" You sat forward. "I called you for a week straight after you left. And after that, I just gave up and got embarrassed"

"What because you thought you were being clingy?"

You nodded.

"Y/N-" he turned your head to face him "I would rather you be clingy than you shut me out. I thought about you too, you know. You were always on my mind"

"Guess we've both changed, huh. Since we were kids" you bit the inside of your cheek as you looked over your decorated wall, photographs littering the wallpaper. Now you were looking at them with the person who you'd cried over for all that time.

"I guess so. But the love I have for you never left" Tom whispered. You shot your head round to look at him, swallowing. His eyes were gleaming, like there was a million galaxies hidden beneath them.

"Can we go for dinner now?" You dodged his answer. Tom sighed, nodding slowly and slipping off the bed to go get his phone.

To Be Continued....