Thin Ice P.1 🐙 Bradley Baker

If you have not seen the film - "Edge Of Winter" make sure to go and watch it! It's amazing!
⚠️- Minor Profanity (Swearing)

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆

The snow was thick and the wind cut at your lips like a blade. "How much further?" Y/N complained. She was tired and cold. Bradley turned around to face her. "I don't know, ok!" He said, snapping at her. Y/N almost fell backwards in shock. "Whoa.. What's the mood all about?" She said, adjusting her balance again. He sighed and turned back around. "Just keep walking..".

It began to snow as the two walked endlessly through the wooden maze. After two hours of walking, they finally came to a lake. "The cabin should be across here" Bradley broke the silence as Y/N joined him. "You gotta be shitting me. That's thin ice!" She said, gesturing at the ice before her. It didn't look thin, but who could be so sure? "You got a better idea?" He asked. Y/N sighed in defeat. They began walking across the cast field of snow. Bradley occasionally checking it's strength from time to time. What felt like an eternity walking was shortly cut off. "Look!" The silence was broken by Bradley pointing at a small clearing in the woods. Out stool a small wooden cabin like a sore thumb. Slightly hidden, cozy. Y/N sighed in relief. Finally somewhere to rest.

The teens picked up their pace, walking quicker across the ice. "Do you think there's gonna a phone in that thing?" Y/N asked. Bradley shrugged. "We're almost 30 miles from the main lands, I doubt it".
"But hey, maybe they're be someone who has a phone?"
"Yeah.. Maybe.." she said a little unsure. Y/N pulled the yellow blanket over her shoulder, preventing it from dragging on the snow. Her skinny jeans were damp and her legs were cold. "You alright? Trailing back a bit there" Bradley turned around. The frost was biting at her lips. "Y-yeah, we're almost there anyways" she said, her teeth beginning to chatter as her breath clouded the air. He nodded slowly and began walking again.

As she neared the bank of the lake, there was a small pot hole of ice where the water was leaking through. Y/N shrugged it off and continued walking. The ice began to crack as she took a few more steps. "SHIT!" She yelled as the ice broke beneath her feet, plunging into the icey depths. "Y/N!" Bradley turned around and began running towards her. Y/N struggled to reach the top for air but struggled as the current dragged her under. Finally, she reached the top. "STAY BACK!" She warmed as Bradley neared the edge. "Y/N let me help you" he held out a hand for her to grab. She took it as he lay down on the ice, pulling frantically to get her out. Her grip began to weaken as the cold attached her body. "B-b-Bradley.." She said, gasping for air. "Y/N come on, just a little further!"

Finally, he managed to tag you out if the water and to the safety of land...

To Be Continued...