Let's Go Back 🐙 Tom Holland

1978

The streets were dirty. Filled with old, muscular men and woman who gave you a glance to judge. I hated this place. I picked up the pace, quickening my steps as I rounded the corner. Finally, the figure came into sight. My forbidden love enclosed me into his arms. "I've missed you" He whispered into my ear. I looked up to Toms face, gleaming in the moonlight. Our memories made only under the stars in the dead of night. "You don't know that half of it" I smiled, kissing his lips gingerly, savouring the moment. Although we shared many long lasting kisses, the new ones were always the best.

Tom took my hand, leading me out and into the night to walk me home. He always was such a gentle men when it came to these things. Ever night we would meet behind the small towns cafe, him waiting for me to walk me home to safety. Although, I felt rather lonely at home. My farther was strict and didn't have much respect for me. The only rules I had were no boys, no smoking and no sex before marriage. I'd only done two of those.

As we reached my street, I pulled Tom to a stop at the end. He looked at me and sighed. "Do we really have to keep doing this?" He asked, sinking a little. I sighed, avoiding his eye and nodding. "God forbid what would happen if my farther found out" I said, closing my eyes and resting my head against Toms chest. His hand came to the side of my head before kissing me gently on top. It made me smile. Out hands finally unlocked, leaving a sort of coldness between my fingers. My smile turned into a frown as he blew me a kiss goodbye. I caught it in the wind and walked down my street to my doorstep. Upon reaching it, I looked back to see he was no longer there. Why did it have to be this way?!

— x —

1979

I glanced upon the letter I had received from my farther. He was angry. I sat down next to Tom on the park bench, him wrapping his arm around me. "What is it, darling?" He asked, looking over my shoulder. I passed him the letter and he read it slowly. I knew he had finished as he sighed.

Me and Tom had wanted to run away together for so long, but it was completely impossible. Toms mother had now made times for when Tom had to be home, and I wasn't even allowed in his street anymore. Tom had still walked me home, way last His kurfew, just to watch me get home safe. That's why I fell in love with him. My farther had become extremely angry with me. To pass of the truth that I was dating Tom, whom I'd found out my farther had a high disliking to, I had said I would stay out in the ale houses at night to get drunk. It was a stupid lie and I don't know how he bought it, but if he knew about Tom, he would kill him where he stood.

I rubbed a hand through my buttons on my coat. Tom sighed and turned me to face him. He looked sad and speechless. I caressed his cheek gently. "What's wrong?" I asked. He lowered his head a little before reaching into his pocket and pulling out a small leaflet.

My heart broke into two as I read it.

"Tom please you can't! Don't do this to yourself!" I begged, clenching his arm tightly. He looked back up to me. "They need the men, darling" his eyes were beginning to fill with tears. "Thomas, it's the army we are talking about! W-What jf you don't come back to me?!" I began to sob, my loose makeup smudging on my cheeks. He smiled, looking up at you. "I will always come back to you, my love" he said, wiping away one of your tears. You cling onto his wrist and kissed it gently. You sure hoped that he would.