The Fire Scale 🐙 Peter Parker

[ E P I G R A P H ]

Trying to control your super power by opening it up to options, may not have been one of Banners smarter ideas.

[ E N J O Y ]

AN: So, fair warning, I have never really written anything like this in any of my books or previous imagines, so please ignore the shittyness

Despite being trapped in the cold, your body was burning hot. Your skin was slowly shedding, making way for a new, highly developed and certainly not humanly biological cell coming through. Banner had run a few tests after everything went hind ends upwards three days ago. The experiment that was supposed to change the physical substance sustainability on human kind had gone terribly wrong, and now even Tony was struggling to maintain your temperature at an acceptable and stable level.

Despite being in immense pain, Peter was there to help you. He held your hand when your skin wasn't too hot to bare, and made sure that you were alright through the night, checking up on you every  few hours. However, things had gotten worse, to the point where Peter and the rest of the team were subjected to a safe room in the tower, in fear that at any moment you could experience your full break out. The cells in your blood stream, which were the ones keeping you a human, had multiplied over the past couple hours and merged with the ones that were new, slowly overtaking your immune system and dialling your senses to eleven. Tony and Bruce had to admit, they had never seem anything like it.

You were tied down to the bed for your own safety, as when the break out was due to occur, you had been informed that you would loose yourself for a couple minutes. Tony had told you not to be scared of yourself, but you were a nervous wreck. What if you hurt someone? What if you broke something? What if you accidentally killed someone? What if you couldn't control yourself again?

"Mr. Stark" you whimpered, the pain starting to rush through your stream again, but this time, it was a lot worse. It was hotter, more vicious and it hurt like hell. Tony turned to face you quickly, pacing to your bedside. His hands brushed against your skin, before he quickly flinched backwards, his teeth clashing together. "Banner, it's happening" he said in a worried tone, not moving his eyes away from you.

"What? What's happening?" you began to panic, your heart flying up into your throat. Your skin was practically melting off of your arms, and your hands were shaking from the pressure. Bruce approached you quickly, scanning your body before sighing. He leaned down next to you slowly, the heat becoming too much to bare and tears were slowly brimming.

"Kid, listen to me" he began, your head rolling over onto the side, facing him. "This is gonna hurt a lot, and we have to leave the room while it happens-"

"What happens? What are you talking about?!" you yelled, your wrists tugging on the leather restraints, keeping you locked to the bed.

"She's loosing herself, we gotta go" Tony warned, taking Bruce by the arm and tugging him lightly.

"No, please!" You yelled, you skin burning to a point where you wanted to scream. It was taking everything out of you, every fibre of your body draining out to the maximum while the new found strength was taking over. Parts of your skin had turned a crimson red, and looked scaly. It certainly wasn't another form of skin coming through, it looked more like a suit of armour.

"Please, Mr. Stark! I'm scared!" you sobbed, the machines in the room running haywire as sparks began to fly out. Tony and Bruce dodged a rather large flamed spark that shot from the monitor machine, keeping track of your heart rate which was pacing quicker by the second. Your back arched against the table as you felt it; the heat brimming at it's highest peak and Bruce made his way to the door, Tony close on his tail. You screamed your lungs out for a second, a white flash executing through your body. It's like you could see yourself; what was happening to you.