Sickness 🐙 Isaac

"Isaac slow down!" You said, placing a hand on his back and caressing it gently. His head was hanging low over the basin, vomiting profusely. His breathing was heavy as he tried to catch his breath, almost loosing it in doing so. He heaved once more but nothing came out. Your gut twisted as you saw him in such pain. His knuckles were white from gripping so hard and his finger tips were as cold as ice. You wrapped you hand in his gently, warming his palms in doing so. His brown curls were damp with sweat as you placed a hand on his forehead. "Your burning up" you said as you left to grab a towel. You ran in under the cold tap and dabbed in on his head gently.

You stood there for a while, your hand placed firmly under his arm, steadying him. His whole body was now shaking from the bitter cold. "Come on, you need to get warm" you said, tugging him gently towards the bedroom. His cheeks were stained with tears and bright red. You sat him down on the bed gently, his whole body collapsing into the sheets. He looked exhausted. "Sit up" you said slowly, lifting him to sit. He rested his limp head against the bed frame as you covered him in the thick blankets. "I'm sorry.." he apologised. His eyes were red and puffy with tears threatening to spill. You shook your head. "Don't apologise" you smiled gently. He sat forward slightly and wrapped his weak arms around you. You returned the favour and squeezed him gently. Whatever it was he had, you wanted to take it away.

***

It been about three hours since you left Isaac to sleep. You were currently downstairs cleaning up. As you dusted down the last few crumps from the table, the door swung open. "Y/N?" You heart a familiar high pitched voice. "In here, Piper" you said with a smile. Piper bounced into the living room, swinging her arms around you. She was followed shortly by Daisy, Eddie and Jo. "Hey, have a good time swimming?" You asked. "Yeah it was great" Eddie replied. "How's Isaac?" Daisy asked. You shrugged your shoulders and sighed. "Not good.. he's been vomiting again" you said and sat down on the couch next to Jo. You exchanged a worried look with everyone. "He'll get better, I know he will" Piper said with a weak smile, her ginger hair covering her eyes. You nodded and sighed. "I hope so..." With that there was a small silence in the room. "Well, I'll go get dinner ready" Daisy said. Eddie followed her out of the room and into the kitchen. "I better get home, Mum'll be wondering were I am" Jo sighed and waved goodbye to everyone. Now me as Piper sat alone together in the living room. "Can I see Isaac?" Piper asked, her eyes scanning your face. You sighed and shook your head. "I don't want you getting sick too. I'll go and check on him. If he's sleeping you can have a peak" I smiled and bopped her nose gently. She giggled.

I walked up the old wooden stairs slowly and walked across the landing to Isaacs room. The door was open slightly as it squeaked when you pushed it open. Isaac was sat in the window sill, his round glasses sitting on the rim of his nose, his knees tucked to his chest and his eyes staring endlessly out of the window. You knocked on the door gently, his head spun to your attention. "Hey" you whispered, coming into the room and diving onto the bed. "Hey.." he smiled, his voice was low and cracked from all the coughing. His pale face was almost unrecognisable.

"How are you feeling?" You asked, getting up and joining him next to the window. He shrugged. "A little better than earlier" he sighed, keeping his eyes locked out of the window. You nodded slowly. As you examined his face, you saw his cracked lips, so dry they were bleeding, his sore eyes and his glimmering cheeks, still damp with tears. "Daisy, Eddie and Piper are back.." you said wanting to start a conversation. He nodded without answering. Oh how that boy would make you worry...

To be continued...