Heart Beat 🐙 Tom Holland

Tom's POV ~

I was shaking a little as I walked through the double doors to the hospital. My palms were sweating and my forehead was damp. "You feeling ok?" I heard Harrison ask. I looked over at him quickly and nodded my head. He smiled weakly.

We finally arrived at the front desk and we stood for a moment as she finished her phone call. "Yes?" She said looking towards us with a smile. How could anyone be in Happy in this place? Harrison talked to her for a while, while I was looking around. The children's area was just next door. It was decorated with butterflies and all things cute. It made me sick to the stomach.

"She said it's this way, Tom" I felt Harrison's arm nudge mine. My attention was drawn towards him as we began walking down the corridor. We passed many people lying in pain. Some of hen whimpering in quiet mercy. My stomach churned as my mouth turned dry. We came to a small room, signed off from the hallway. The door was open slightly, a small humming coming from the inside.

Harrison looked back at me before opening the door.  We walked in slowly, looking around the room. My eyes landed on the small, broken body lying on the bed, coated with thin paper sheets and her head supported by a feather pillow. She was hooked up to machines beeping loudly and a drip. My heart sank to my feet. "I'll give you a minute" Harrison sighed and left the room.

I walked over to her slowly. Making sure not to make a single sound. Her eyes were closed tightly, her once rosy cheeks now a paper white, her freckles had faded slowly and her h/c (hair colour) was silky and sat on her shoulders. I sat down in the soft leather chair at her bedside.  My hands came up to touch her cold ones.

"Y/n...-" my breath was uneasy and shaky "c-can you hear me?"
Of course there was no answer. Y/n still lay in silence. I began to sob in silence as there was no reply. There wasn't that voice I so desperately wanted to hear. Her skin had no heat, her face had no life. It's like she was already gone.

We sat for a while before a nurse came into the room. I shot my head back at the door swung open, a smiling face greeting me. "Sorry to disturb you-" she whispered "I just came to grab something I left" she walked across the room, picking up a small clipboard. "Is she going to be ok?" I asked the nurse. She stopped, her back facing me. I heard her sigh and lean against the counter. She turned to face me slowly. "Her body isn't in great shape. We're hoping for the best, really." I bit the inside of my lip, holding back a flood of tears.

She left the room shortly after, my eyes still locked on where she stood. He hand in which was held in mine suddenly had life. A grip of some sort. I spun around to see Y/n looking at me. Those e/c (eye colour) eyes staring at me, tears within them. "Y-you came?" She asked. I let a whimper slip from my lips at her surprise. "Of course I did!" I smiled and hugged her gently.

I could once again feel her heart beating, the emotions welled up inside of me. I can't live without her.