Thin Ice P.3 🐙 Braldey Baker

You stumbled a little before stopping. You took a deep breath. Looking over your shoulder, you didn't see any one following you. You sighed, sitting down into the snow against an old tree. It was pitch black outside and there was no noise to comfort your fears. You looked around, feeling a little edgy as you caught a small glimpse of the cabin lights switching on. Your head turned sharply as you saw a figure walking towards you. Your fear dissipated as you recognised to it was Bradley. You got up slowly. He wrapped his arms around you, pulling you close to him. Your hands slowly travelled to his back as your returned the small gesture. You stood for a while, slowing rocking each other in the night, embracing each other's senses. As you pulled away, you saw Bradley's big doe eyes looking down to you. You smiled warmly. "I'm sorry.."
"Don't be" He said, placing a hand on your shoulder. "I don't know what came over me" you whispered, dodging his eye. He lifted your chin to look at him. "Your not the only one." You smiled at his guilt. As the moment stretched, you broke the silence. "Let's get back before we freeze" you said, beginning to walk back to the cabin. You heard the faint footsteps of the snow crunching behind you as you reached the cabin. You opened the door and sat down on the couch, Bradley closing the door behind you. "So tired..." you yawned. Bradley nodded his head as he slipped off his jacket. He placed some more firewood in the fire and watched it grow for a moment.

•••

The night passed away, listening to the faint noises of the night before finally deciding to head to bed. You stretched before standing, Bradley seated next to you. "I'm off to bed" you waved, not turning around as you walked into the bedroom. "Ok, I'll be in soon" he replied. You nodded and closed the door slowly. In the room there were two separate single beds, coated with thin sheets and a single pillow. Tonight was gonna be a looong night. You lay down on the bed, resting your head on the pillow, allowing your hands to rest on your stomach and your leg to hang freely off the side of the bed. You drifted in and out of sleep when the door opened. Your weary eyes were greeted with Bradley, slowly dragging his exhausted body to his bed. He thumped down, sinking his head into the pillow. You smiled weakly at the sight before rolling over and snuggling into the somewhat quilt.

❖❖❖

Your eyes fluttered open to the sound of heavy snoring coming from beside you. You fumbled your eye brows and rolled over to see Bradley with his back faced to you, snoring loudly. "Dude.." you whispered. You rolled your eyes and got up, the sun was shining dimly through the window. It must have been like.. five am. You picked up your pillow and pelted him with it. He lifted his arm in defence from the sudden thump. He groaned. "Wake the fuck up you sound like you've got a frog in your throat" you moaned, sitting down on his bed and resting your head in your hands. You were exhausted, having barely slept all night. All you could think about was your parents, how worried they must be. How you missed them. "Says the one who couldn't stop fidgeting! And watch your language!" He sighed.

You felt the bed sink a little as he sat next to you. An arm wrapped around your waist as he pulled your sleepy body closer to him. As much as you knew this was wrong, you were so tired. You couldn't help but sink into his warm skin, letting him hold you there for as long as he pleased. He rested his head on yours as your hands fell into his, holding them tightly. There was a slightly silence. "Y/N...?"
"Mmm?"
"I'm sorry.."
You looked up to face him, smiling gently. You tightened the grip in each of your cold hands, holding his as a butterfly banged against your ribcage. His eyes looked deep into yours, just like before as his jaw ticked, waiting for an answer. "Don't be, Brad" you whispered. He smiled as you pulled him in to hug you. You leaned into his shoulder, closing your eyes and savouring the moment. Maybe you were meant to get stuck out here...