Nightmares 🐙 Tom Holland

You were sound asleep until your body clock woke you. Travelling around the world had it's benefits, but staying there for over four months brought it's negative's. You and Tom had just arrived home from shooting Spiderman: Homecoming in America, and your body clock was fucked to say the least. You were waking up early hours in the morning instead of when you actually should be.

You lay awake in bed for a moment before sitting up and running a steady hand through your hair. You looked over at your boyfriend, Tom, sleeping soundly on his side. A smile creeped it's way onto your lips, your cheeks forming small dimples. You yawned, your body now fully awake. Looking over towards the window, it wasn't even close to getting light yet, so picking up your phone you lay back down against your pillow and scrolled through Instagram.

As you answered some questions from Fans, your popularity some what growing now you were the all famous 'Tom Holland's Girlfriend' you felt Tom begin to fidgit beside you. You brushed it off at first, but the small twitches turned into more aggressive thrashing and soon he was breathing heavily against the pillow. You looked over at him, waiting for him to move again, a slight spark of concern growing over your chest. Tom was a sound sleeper, and it wasn't often he would move the way he was when you slept together.

You watched as close as you could in the darkness of the room as his nose began to flare at his heavy breathing, you put your phone down, sitting up to address him closer. His fists were grasping the sheets tightly, swallowing chunks in his palms as he let out a small whimper, making your heart split in two.

"Tom.... Tom" you shook him as gently as you could, trying not to wake him in a fright. His head was rolling side to side as you got out of bed, pushing the sheets back. Tom immediately rolled over into your spot, now star fishing over the bed as his chest rose and fell heavily. You brushed a loose strand of hair behind your ear before coming to the side of him.

"Tom" you said much sterner this time, shaking him harder in an attempt to wake him up. You and Tom had been together just over a year, and he hadn't had a nightmare since you first got together. But, you remember them well and they progressed before they eased off. A tear rolled down Tom's cheek as his teeth clashed together, his eyes tightening together, his body tensing and small gasps leaving his lips. You pulled his arm harshly, now shouting his name.

"Tom!"

Tom's eyes shot open, his body flying upwards into a sitting position. You crawled over to him quickly, sitting in front of him as he panted heavily. His eyes looked red and blood shot, and his hands were shaking violently. He looked up at you as you placed a hand on his cheek, steadying him slowly. "Baby what's wrong?" you asked, placing the back of your hand on his forehead, "You're burning up"

He didn't answer you for a good minute, taking his time to calm down before swallowing harshly, "It- It all went so fast, you were there- a-and then you weren't" he couldn't look you in the eyes. You could see his mind ticking away, trying to figure out what had just happened. "and then, I don't know there was a loud noise or something and you were on the floor, I couldn't get to you because something was stopping me and you were getting further and further away and-"

"Tom" you cut him off, placing a hand on his shoulder. He looked over at you, eyes glossing over with tears, "I'm here, I'm not going anywhere I promise" you smiled weakly. He nodded, bringing you closer to embrace you in a hug.

"I love you" he whispered against your ear, making you smile.

"Take your shirt off, and lie down" you whispered back, tugging lightly at the bottom of his grey shirt. He pulled back, looking at you slightly confused, but following suit and lying down on his back. You handed him a pillow, resting his head on it gently.

"Relax" you whispered in a soft tone, lying next to him with your head prompt up in the palm of your hand. He took a deep breath, relaxing into the quilt. You brought your hand to his back, gently tracing your fingers over his skin. If there was one thing that relaxed Tom more than anything, it was your touch. He would cave beneath it, and he had complimented you on it in the past. Every glide of the tips of your fingers, drew more and more goosebumps from his skin.

You watched his eyes flutter closed every so often, fighting to stay awake and enjoy your touch. You smiled, kissing him on the cheek gently. "I love you. Go to sleep".

Soon enough, Tom was snoring lightly, your hand finally giving up and resting on his back. You cuddled into his side, covering him with your side of the quilt and making sure he was comfortable, before drifting off into a slumber yourself.