Bruises 🐙 Peter Parker

[ E P I G R A P H ]

You'd come home late one night from your study group at school, way past your curfew. Your parent's weren't happy, and it had lead to an ongoing argument which eventually led to your father getting uncontrollably violent. He tried to pull your bruises off as 'accidents' but you say it very differently. You saw another side of your parents tonight.

Now you were sat on your fire exit balcony, your legs between the metal bars of the railings, on the cold floor watching the traffic below you. Eventually, the music you were listening to was drowned out as your phone began to ring.

[ E N J O Y ]

"Hello?" You answered the phone with a snivel, it was Peter, your best friend who lived just across the street. His curtains pulled back, revealing his cheery face as he answered you back with another hello.

"You ok? What's wrong?" he asked, his smile dropping to a more concerned look. You shrugged, looking back down to the street below. "Parent's again"

"Hold on, i'm coming over" he moved away from the window and the call ended before you could protest otherwise. It took a moment for Peter to get down stairs, and soon you watched him cross the road below you and began to climb the ladder to the fire exit. You kept your gaze down at the street below as he finally slipped over the railings and sat down beside you, eyes locked on your cheek.

"Whoa..." he sighed a little shocked, gently placing a finger under your chin and turning you to face him. Your eyes were slowly welling with tears. Your face was covered in cuts and bruises, and your eye was slowly developing a black ring around it. Peter shook his head, pulling you towards him. He cradled you against his chest gently, as you listened to his heart beating.

You stayed there for a while, the familiar scent of Peter's shirt filling your nose, making your heart flutter. You dragged your legs from between the bars of the railings and sat cross legged facing him. His thumb caressed your cheek gently as a tear slipped down your skin, Peter quickly wiping it away.

He motioned you to come closer to him, and you did as he asked. He picked you up slightly so you were now straddling his hips. You were quite small, so even being on top of him, you were still at eye level. "You wanna stay over at my place for a while?" he whispered, lulling you gently. You gave a weak smile and a gentle nod.

"I just don't get why it was such an issue, I was five minutes over my curfew" you sighed, resting your hands at your sides. Peter nodded. As the silence grew, you heard the faint footsteps of one of your parents coming up the stairs. Your eyes grew in fear, and Peter quickly stood you up.

"Come on, let's go" he sighed, taking your hand in his. You knew this could potentially get you in more trouble, but you needed a friend like Peter. You follow suit as Peter slowly climbed down the ladder, you following close behind.

Peter's house was empty, with Aunt May being at work. He let you take his bed, but you strongly insisted you didn't want to be alone over night, so now you were laying against him, legs intertwined facing each other, noses almost touching. Being this close to him felt strange, you'd been sharing a bed with Peter since you were in diapers, and it wasn't rare for either of you to even share clothes. Well, more like you stealing Peter's hoodies. But this time felt more special.

"You warm enough?" Peter sighed, wrapping an arm around you and keeping you close to him. You nodded with a smile, thanking him for the twentieth time that night. "Don't worry about it, I couldn't let you get hurt again. I love you too much"

At the realisation of his words, his hand shot up over his mouth, his cheeks flushing a dark shade of red making you giggle. You pulled his hand down slowly, revealing his pink lips. His eyes averted between your own and your lips, edging closer to you on the pillow. His lips consumed your own gently, his hands falling onto your hips and bringing your abdomen closer to him. You were shocked at first, but now, he felt so warm... and it felt so right. You smiled against him, your hands trailing behind his neck.

You both pulled away for air, smiling like children at each other. "Maybe tomorrow we could go out for ice cream?" he whispered, the darkness slowly consuming the room. You nodded sweetly.

"I'd like that"