Docks 🐙 Tom Holland

I was sat alone for... Too long. Allowing myself to become lost in my thoughts, sometimes it felt like I was drowning in them.

The air was slightly cold as a mist hung over the river. I sat with my legs hanging over the wooden docks as they rocked peacefully in the air.

"Hey" I heard a voice come from behind me. I spun round to be greeted by Tom. "Hey" I whispered back. He sat next to me on the docks. "Are you ok?" He asked, his brown hair matching his eyes. His scent made my heart beat faster.

"Honestly... Not feeling too great..." I had to admit to myself. I felt Toms fingers brush against mine. My face began to sweat. "You can tell me, if it will make you feel better?" He said slowly, adjusting his weight slightly to face me. I shrugged.

"In truth, I don't know what's wrong with me. It's like... I-it's like I've fallen down a rabbit hole" I sighed. I looked at Tom, it's like my true colours were shining. Darkness and age. He swallowed.

"I understand" he sighed.
"C-can I do something?" He asked. I tilted my head slightly. "I guess?" I replied. He took a deep breath and took my hand into his.

His face got dangerously close to my cheeks, his nose brushing against mine. I could feel the heat pulsating form his face, my heart pounding. My ears were ringing, I could t hear anything. The only feeling I felt was Toms hand rest against my cheek gently, caressing it as his lips ghosted my own.

He placed his forehead against mine. "Listen to your heart beat" he said, placing his hand on my chest, near to my heart. I placed my hand on top of his. I intertwined my fingers with his, the breeze picking up.

I tucked my hair behind my ears, listening to the loud thumping of the beating drum within me. His eyes were closed as I watched his breath travel into the air. My body felt suddenly calm. "Wow... Thank you.." I thanked him, letting go of his hand slowly. "No problem, it's cool isn't it..?" He smiled. I nodded slowly.

As I pulled away, I found myself light and dreamy. I opened my eyes to see Tom staring at me. I didn't say anything, only to stare back for what felt like forever. Just letting time waste away before me.

Tom looked down to the dark lake that lay before us. Watching the water ripple as the creatures below surfaced from time to time. I felt the chill bite at my cheeks, the breeze picking up as small drops
of water fell from the sky. "Maybe we should go" I whispered. He nodded.

As he stood, he held out his hand for me to take, which I did gladly. He pulled me up, keeping our hands together as we walked down the wooden dock towards the road.